View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2012, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
Here is in idea I've had from walking the harbour front frequently. Maybe a bit far fetched but thought I would throw it out there for discussion since this seems like the proper place for ideas like this.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could move all industrial activity away from St. John's Harbour and relocate it somewhere else nearby? Think about what we could do with the harbour front if there wasn't a steady stream of container ships and offshore supply vessels? Shops, restaurants, parks, etc. Harbourside park is nice but wouldn't it be nice if it could be expanded to take over all or part of the land that is currently occupied by Harveys.
It's unrealistic, but would be amazing. I personally think if amalgamation would happen, all industrial activities could be moved to Conception Bay South. The harbour is huge, and there'd be plenty of space to expand the port, much to the size of Halifax. That'd open up St. John's harbour up more for tourists. I'm still a huge advocate for Duckworth and Water being one way only, and completely getting rid of Harbour drive and turning it in to green space.