View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
exactly...why would he ever develop that lot?....increased property taxes, building maintenance....every existing parking lot in downtown regina will now be a cash cow....a big disincentive to development.

so...if you pay so much for parking why not take the bus like some here think will happen?
"Hundreds of dollars" are for the six of us that have had season tickets for 11 years together. For the $5/vehicle to park across the street from Mosaic(and my gate)...why would I pay the $4 to ride the bus and walk around the whole stadium.

Have you even been to a game here? If I couldn't park so close or was forced to pay to park any further away...I WOULD be finding alternate means to get to the games. Park and ride, charters from bars/hotels...carpooling.

If the parking around the stadium is limited...do you think people will just not go to a Rider game or concert? Just more ways for money to flow. What restaurant/bar owner wouldn't want people parked in their parking lot...bussed to and from the event...right back to the doorstep of their establishment? Hungry and thirsty.

Or...given the potential location...funnelled right out the front door of the facility onto Dewdney Ave..

Just so you know...that part of Dewdney has lots of bars/lounges to choose from. I thought I would let you know because I am pretty sure you have never been in Regina, by some of your posts.