View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2010, 8:17 PM
gettin' rich!

Aura from ethervizion at UT- It seems people are itching to see photos. I forget that my view of the progress everyday is rather privileged! So, I thought I'd take some high-res close-ups to share today. All the photos can be viewed in full resolution by clicking the image and clicking "All Sizes" above the image on the flickr page. The whole set of images can be viewed at my flickr set.

South side/Gerrard St.
The crane on the right was just converted from a pile driver. One flatbed truck is leaving with some of the pile driver parts. The empty flatbed truck is waiting to take the remainder of the parts. I'm assuming that this means that shoring is almost complete. However, a couple drilling machines have been brought on site recently.

Old parking booth
The parking booth from the parking lot that was on the site. The booth is not in its original location.

Digging Action
Digging action by the side of the parking ramp.

South side/Gerrard St.
South side of the site, by Gerrard St.. The ramp on the left is new; the old ramp was where the cars are parked to the opening in the fence.

If you look at the full resolution version of the image below, you can see where holes were drilled, steel beams driven in, and concrete poured. I estimate that they are spaced about 1.5 metres apart.

East side/Yonge St.
North-East side of the site. The one remaining pile driver on the site. The other pile driver was turned into a crane today.

East side of the site, by Yonge St. As with the closeup on the south side, you can see the shoring piles in the image below.

Lots of equipment lying around.

Demolition of ramp wall
There used to be a wall coming up beside the parking ramp. This was mostly demolished a few days ago. They're still taking apart some pieces. It's not clear how much more demolition will be going on here.