View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2009, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
^ First, I wasn't driving the vehicle, because (wait for it...) I was taking pictures, and second, we were doing the speed limit. And yes, people who pass you at well over the limit on portions with poor visibility are clowns. The vehicles smashed in the ditch prove my point, not yours.

I like driving fast too, but there is a time and place, and this highway is not it.
That's nice, good for you.

First, when I pass I don't fuck around in the oncoming lane like some of the idiots in this province do. You know how many people I've seen pass a vehicle doing 100 at 105 on that highway? Now that's a clown for you. When I go with good visibility I accelerate to get back over as soon as possible, if that means passing in an area with a burst at 130 or 140 which is a simple tap of the pedal, so be it.

And for the record, I've seen many accidents on that highway and many of them are a result of an idiot attempting a futile passing at 105 kph and swerving, thus over-correcting back into their lane and veering off the road because they are unable to accelerate.