View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 12:26 AM

For sure go through Seattle and Portland, and then follow the coast, there are a lot of great places, such as Depoe bay, Linlcon City, Newport etc. Then for sure go to SF, and LA and San Diego, and since you are so close, why not go to Mexico (you can get your drink on there). Then I would go through Vegas, because even if you can't drink, gamble, you can have a lot of fun, and there isn't any place like Las Vegas in Canada. Then I would go up to SLC, and at least check out Temple Square, some really nice architecture there. Then through to Boise and back home.

Oh, I forgot you had to go to Denver too. If so, go through southern Wyoming and check out Fort Cody. It's good for at least a leg stretch.

You asked about weather. It can be brutal in the winter along I 80, and right now, there is a lot of road construction going on in the Utah stretch. Getting out of Washington could be tough too. Maybe a summer road trip would be better. Camping will be OUT OF THE QUESTION for all but Southern California. Bring chains.