View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 2:18 PM

I'm glad all of these observations were finally "officially" put on paper. I was driving around yesterday and was just thinking about everything that our "downtown" lacked; and it was alot of thinking. There aren't many regular (not tourist driven) restaurants downtown; Sushi Zushi, Quizno's, Domino's, McDonalds and Fuddruckers at street level. There are plenty of fat wallets during the day in the area, and with the visibility of modern day conveniences, people will consider living downtown. The only reason I couldn't talk my girlfriend into living downtown is what she said, "it really isn't like downtown," and I had to agree. Living in McLean, VA before, I had more conviences within a 1 mile radius than some might have in a 5 mile radius here. I had a Safeway, and Giant within walking distance, and a Trader Joes and Whole foods a few more blocks away. Sad to say, but downtown Arlington and Alexandria , VA had more to offer the average citizen as far as conveniences go than our "touristy" downtown.