View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 11:31 PM
arf

Tourism needs to extend the season. Yes, I know winter in Newfoundland can be crazy, but there's snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and some just crazy spectacular scenery with the snow and the ocean that we're missing out. Outside of Marble Mountain skiing there's no advertisements for travel here in the winter.

I just drove my parents to the airport this morning and it was disappointing that nothing was open to take them to outside of the city. I took them around a bit: Cape Spear, Petty Harbour, and down some of the Irish Loop and around Middle Cove, Outer Cove and up to Pouch Cove to hunt some icebergs (managed a couple.) Thankfully Beachy Cove Cafe was open so I could take them for a dinner out by the ocean.

Universities can be a good route to diversification (think UofA with biotech, medicine and nanotechnology) and Memorial is a good institution with a well known name and reputation.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss