View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need A Thneed View Post
I don't really think that this announcement has anything to do with the campaign, it just happened after the provincial funding agreement. I suppose that it's probobly beneficial to Bronco's campaign that it just happened to be during the campaign time, so yes, its probobly a bit mis leading. A few years down the road, I'll love the Northeast Centre of Community, it's about a two minute walk away from my house.
Its a Campaign Announcement, since he has it on his campaign website Link

He has no power to make any plans of this nature without City Council, so he can' justifiably make announcements as 'Mayor' during an election unless it is on an issue which he is intrusted power by Council. An example of this was the ParkPlus announcement.

Do you think he really fought Stelmach to delay the deal until right before the election to get a deal with no strings? (He committed to funding affordable housing at the level of the strings that were the big issue)

He delayed the deal so he could announce all these things during the election campaign.

It is pretty simple politics, run against someone of another level of government, then spend spend spend during the election.