View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 2:36 AM
maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by city dweller View Post
Moscow is gonna be off the hook in 2011 - just look at those skyscrapers! Moscow really is an incredible city from many angles. A place I must get to as soon as possible.

I love this pic. Is it a park within Moscow or a wilderness area outside of it? Because if that is a park then it is an incredible one and I must say puts Central Park to shame.
Moscow is very big and full of interesting places, such as parks, mostly neglected by western visitors. Moscow parks worth attention are Botanical Garden, VDNKh, Sokolniki, Izmajlovo, Losinyj Ostrov, Kuskovo, Kuzminki, Kolomesnkoe, Tsaritsyno, Neskuchnyj Sad, and others. This one is known as Krylatskie Holmy.

These banks of Moscow river are well within city limits but much closer to the city edge than to the center. The very first pic in this thread is a panorama by Brad.

This park does not put Central Park to shame simply because they are way too different in location, complexion, sheer size, etc. A comparison with Bois de Boulogne in Paris would be more relevant IMO.