View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2007, 8:08 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex View Post
Thanks for the link. So it is continuous. Or at least technically speaking; 2 portions (halls A & B, and halls C & D) are joined by the vague-looking Bridge Hall. I mention this because I don't know how much can really fit in the Bridge section spanning between the two larger areas, given weight and ceiling restrictions.

I can personally vouch for that "Bridge Hall". My mom and sister show pure bred miniature poodles and they go to the San Antonio dog show every year and always set up in that section since it has a beautiful view of the river directly below it. I don't have any pictures of it from the inside, but it's atleast 100x100 feet square and has ~15 to 20 foot ceilings. As measured by GoogleEarth it measures 100x150 feet. It's quite large, but even so it's one of the smaller sections of the convention center, but still plenty big enough for any exhibit. Also it says "bridge" and you questioned its structural integrity for supporting something big, it would be fine. It says "bridge" but really the river just passes below the building through a few small tunnels. The river actually dead ends just on the other side of the convention center after it passes under the building.

The Bridge Hall is connected to Exhibit Hall C with no walls or pillars between them. There is a large door that can be closed to divide the spaces, but it's always open during the dog show. It is not however connected to Exhibit Hall B. The two are divided by a wall of doors.

In this image from Live Local Search, the Bridge Hall is that white roofed section spanning the river in the upper right. I'll actually be there in July and I can take a few pictures from inside if need be. I've actually wanted to take more pictures of the convention center and walk around a bit more and explore the next time I'm there. To help you figure the scale, in this image you can see three cement trucks backed up to the convention center at the bottom of the picture. Compare their size to that section.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; May 25, 2007 at 8:28 AM.