View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kznyc2k View Post
^ Too early to say, but most likely yes.

Yes it is, but only to developent that is no more than (approx.) 20 floors in height, thanks to Logan and the FAA. And I'd say Menino's number one requirement for this project is that he wants a tower to reshape the skyline. So Fan Pier, or anywhere on the South Boston waterfront, is off limits.

Also, I respect your comments on Boston's core handling a tower of this size, but at the same time I think you might be worrying a bit much. Remember, although it's over 1,000 ft tall, there's only 1.47 million sf of space here, whereas One Financial Center (two blocks away) is just 46 floors but 1.26 million sf in size. So I don't really think we're breaking the bank with this one, nor do I think the financial district is fully built out.
I know the FAA complains very vocally about anything of height in southie...but considering that mixed-use plan with the 800-foot condo tower that was going around a few years ago would suggest height in the area isn't as big a problem for Logan as they make it out to be.