View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
Rachacha rez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Here's an aerial of downtown Ithaca from the early 60s (I'm guessing). It's the way I remember downtown from my youth when I was going to school at DeWitt Junior High, before it became a mall/office/residential building:

Having just been in town, it's a bit surreal not seeing the parking garage with the apex/bridge across Green St there. Seeing the before picture up there, it's a completely different place without the Woolworth's building/parking lot there on Green St, and the Ithaca Hotel still in the picture where Rothschilds/Iszards/McCurdy's was on the corner of State and Aurora. A couple of other things. First, the Gateway apartments are just about done, and should be opened in about 3 months. Second, the Tractor Supply store on Elmira Rd where Ponderosa, the Carvel shop, and a couple of other businesses were has started construction. Finally, a couple of businesses have moved back onto the Commons, including Habitat (moving back from its location next to Barnes and Noble to a site in Center Ithaca facing the Commons.)