View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2006, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1
i'm just responding to Viva's opinion that losing Kruesi would be a bad thing. My opinion is it would be a wonderful thing if the right guy is found.
It's hard to attract top notch management at public sector salaries, so if you get someone whos passionate about what he does, and intelligent to boot, i wouldn't axe him unless there's already someone eminently qualified and capable lined and willing to take the pay cut to go to CTA (I think the president of CTA makes in the ballpark of $160K/year, which may seem like alot to us but for a president of an organization with ~11,000 employees is really not so much). Would CTA fall apart if Kruesi left? No. But past presidents have seriously mucked things up while at the helm, and I see nothing wrong with Kruesi's vision for CTA sans the fact that he makes political enemies as you point out. But in an ideal world, such considerations wouldn't matter.

In a random other question, I was looking at the Carrol Ave. right of way, and the part thats bugging me most is where Clinton St. crosses the 3 busy metra tracks leading into Union Station from the North. How would it be navigated here? I can't see how they'd make a viaduct, either.