Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2024, 6:05 PM

Yes, lots of people having fun. There was even a station for bike rentals. Had I known, I'd have planned for my partner and me to rent bikes and ride the whole route---we don't have our own bikes.

Photos I took last Sunday, 5.5.24.

Though it's existed since 2005, we had never been to Arlington Garden in Pasadena. This was our first time, and won't be our last. We didn't realize how extensive it is, and how mature the plants/trees/flowers are. I guess some of them have been there quite a while; the gardens are on the site of an old huge mansion that existed from about 1902 to the mid-1960s, when it was torn down. The lot sat vacant until about 2005, when the garden was started. It has evolved since then.

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Has anyone ever heard of Yoko Ono's Wish Tree art project? Well, one of them is right here in Pasadena's Arlington Garden.

Photo by me

Not very many people have tied wishes on the trees, and mostly I saw instructions for people rather than wishes.

Photo by me

Here's a wish:

Photo by me

I didn't see any death wishes; hey, that's an idea.

Photo by me

Here's a Wikipedia article about Yoko Ono's Wish Trees: Wish Tree (Yoko Ono art series)

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Months ago, I weaned myself off of Claritin. Surprisingly, after being around all of these different kinds of beautiful flowers and plant life, I didn't sneeze once during our time at the garden!

And then, it was lunchtime.

Photo by me

We both had very tasty spicy pineapple mezcal margaritas.

Photo by me

~ Charles Bukowski