View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2024, 8:25 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post

The irony is that the confluences of so many major railway lines at London is a major historic reason that it became a significant city. Now, in many ways, it's those rail lines that present many difficult and costly problems to solve.
I thought St. Thomas was the railroad city? It's interesting how a lot of the lines there are either underused or straight up gutted today, yet the lines in London are busier than ever.

And ya just look at the amount of earth work it took to make the Adelaide Street underpass a thing both north and south of the tracks. If Richmond ever got that treatment, you might as well bury it under Oxford like the underground station proposal and have 'Upper Richmond' exist as a stub providing access to homes and businesses between the CP tracks and Oxford.

On the south side the only good spot to fit a good underpass approach is at Clarence Street by Vic Park before Central. Ya, right by Joe Kools lol.

Those who came up with the LRT plan were spot on. It's either this giant project on Richmond, or nothing. Else route the BRT to Talbot. That's the only way it can get north thanks to the city allowing a condo tower built where Wellington could have been extended to Oxford via a new CP crossing (possibly BRT/LRT only). That would have been a good choice as well.

-----

In terms of actual BRT construction, Oxbury is turning into a mess as expected. Avoid that intersection if you can.

My Simcity Stuff