View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I think the biggest problem is the point-to-point flying using 200 seat aircraft. Between Vancouver-Calgary-Edmonton-Toronto-Montreal maybe they can make it a go of point-to-point flying. For nearly everywhere else they need to invest in the infrastructure to transfer bags and connect passengers through a network.

In a place like Victoria or Saskatoon, when these ULCC come in is with sub-daily service, it does not work.
I agree about the need for connecting flights, but I also think smaller aircraft for smaller yield routes are better than the MAX planes both Bonza and Flair use(d) on all their routes. There are so many factor why Bonza collapsed and Flair will also soon collapse. It's a shame as the reduction in competition means prices stay high. Porter coming into the market helps to a point, but apart from that it's still basically an AC/WS duopoly market, as with Australia where it is a Qantas/Virgin duopoly market.

When Flair collapses at some point this year, it's going to be a disaster for KW airport. They will only be left with WS service to Calgary and nothing else beside two seasonal sun destinations on Sunwing, which is essentially now WS as well.

Last edited by Justanothermember; Apr 30, 2024 at 8:58 AM.