View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Is slight depth to a façade that cost prohibitive? Other new buildings in Old City managed to do it. Even the clunky corner window mullions on the upper floors are a miss.

Nearly every detail that made this project sleek and stylish was not realized. Sure, decent infill, but a flat gray box. Hopefully the interior finishes hit the mark.
Buying new construction is tricky. If I bought off of renderings of the Ben I'd be pissed. I drove by it yesterday. It's not the worst but it looks nowhere near as good as the renderings. Even the color of the brick is off. It's very pale and dusty in person. In the renderings, it looks BLACK. Which would have been sleek. I have seen videos on social media though and the interiors do look high quality and what was sold.

The Beverly is interesting as well. The exterior turned out phenomenally but the interiors are literally NOTHING like rendered. They show these sleek walnut or maple kitchens with floor to ceiling cabinetry and nice overhead lighting and IRL they installed builder grade 32" white shaker cabinets that don't even go up to the ceiling. It's so cheap looking.

However, if I were a buyer, I'd still scoop on of those units at the Beverly. The prices are shockingly reasonable. You get a 10 year abatement and Mereditch catchment. I'd buy one and just immediately gut the kitchen. It wouldn't be that expensive because obviously the building is brand new and a blank slate so there wouldn't be any demo etc. A nice chefs grade kitchen at the Beverly might run you $40-$50K and I bet you it would increase the value of the unit by $200k. Buyers in that area expect so much more these days.