View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
Hate to bring this up, outdated by 16-12 years. But

[images snipped]

Does anyone know or remember what the American Commerce Center's design was inspired by? From the NW the crown looks kinda like a kite being struck by lightning, a clear reference to Benjamin Franklin. Also, does anyone happen to have a PDF or saved images of plans or schematics of the ACC? All of them on the internet are very low quality, but I might have something handy soon
Can't answer the question about the inspiration, though maybe like a "beacon to Freedom" due to its resemblance to an early WTC/Freedom Tower render, but I think I'm in the minority that would have greatly preferred the ACC, even at a height similar to the CTC, vs the CTC. I'd also much prefer Foster's latest NYC tower, also at an 1,150-ish range. The similarities to the WTC concepts didn't bother me as much as most.

I think the second-connected tower may have necessitated an overall height reduction given that it's Phila vs NY and demand likely wouldn't have made original height feasible to fill, but IIRC the main tower was in the 1,500 range, so 1,100 would probably have worked.