View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Clearly you didn't read my post. Nowhere did I state that this plant was for "PHEVs exclusively". If you read it, {and it was only a few sentences long} you will see that battery plants and EV auto manufacturing plant does not mean that it necessarily will be exclusively for standard 100% electric vehicles as PHEV's and Hybrids are also electric vehicles. In other words, even if the demand for full electric isn't there and probably won't be by the end of construction, it can continue to build electric vehicles but they simply don't have to be 100% electric.

Why you didn't understand this, I'm sure I don't know and nor do I know how simply stating that the plant could also produce both batteries and cars that are also not 100% electric makes me "anti-EV" as you attest.
Okay. Let me rephrase. Nobody builds facilities that cost tens of billions to facilitate majority of production for vehicles with 15 kWh batteries. That would be an insane waste of capital. They are spending $15B and building on site cathode manufacturing because they want to produce nearly a quarter million EVs annually. If those vehicles were majority PHEV they have easily wasted about half those billions.