View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 1:00 PM

The only ones that might make sense are the Selkirk run. Maybe Gimli run on weekends. Doubtfully Warren. And even still they only make sense if CoW converts existing rails to LRT because intermodal creates an automatic transfer.

Rail is high capacity. Rural towns are the opposite, barren. It makes more sense to slap a bus on a medium capacity route (IE within 20min of Wpg) and have the flexibility to change route at any time without having to build a whole new rail line. Roads are flexible.

Any less volume for rural towns doesn't even support a bus or fixed route and gets back to car-pool.

Car pool is the only way this can viably be done on a rural small town basis. Is demand enough? I dunno. Everyone rural has cars.

I would say I'd consider building out an app. But Poparide is basically at critical mass. Around 1m users. From a business standpoint, any build would be a takeover target to Poparide. Not sure it's worth it.

They've basically got this one solved man. A little more growth and the network will reach all corners. Even rural. Not trying to burst your bubble. Just laying reality.