View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
There are several cities that are clear destinations for fans to see their team on the road: Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Tampa. I've been to all six of these cities for Eagles games myself, and others.

There are obviously local and regional fans there for their home team, as well. I don't think there are casual fans who decide that morning to attend an NFL game, not with the prices of tickets.

Many fans at the London games are Americans. The same is coming true in Germany as well. There are a lot of Eagles fans going down to Brazil for the game next fall.
Yes, this is mostly what I was referring to. I know the Saints have a rabid fan base, and they draw from all over the Gulf region, but still lots of fans of other teams will decide to travel to New Orleans to see their team play there because NO is a fun city where people like to vacation. I've known lots of people who have done just that.

For the Pelicans, without the history and rabid fandom, I imagine they do draw more of the tourist crowd who decides to go to a game. I did that in San Antonio when I visited. Kinda ran out of things to do in SA, saw the Celtics were playing the Spurs, so decided to get tickets and make a night out of it. I have to imagine this happens in New Orleans too.

New Orleans might be a small market, but when you add in the tourists the city receives each year, it's a much more substantial market.