View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2024, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Feds will stop investing in 'large' road projects, environment minister says
Steven Guilbeault revised his comments after saying Ottawa would stop investing in new road infrastructure
John Paul Tasker · CBC News · Posted: Feb 14, 2024 12:10 PM AST | Last Updated: 7 minutes ago
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gui...oads-1.7114867

In a country as large as Canada, with weather as fickle as Canada's, Guilbeault's comments seem pretty tone deaf. This guy is both out of touch and out to lunch........

Yet another nail in the coffin of this Liberal administration.
As someone who has stood by the federal Liberals for a long time, this is incredibly disappointing for me to learn about. It is extremely out of touch.

Even if we, hypothetically, entirely eliminate passenger vehicles from highways, we still have trucks that need modern and safe highways to transport goods across the country as well as in and out of the country.

I'm guessing Guilbeault has never seen the Trans-Canada Highway between Ottawa and Kamloops, particularly through Northern Ontario. Or the situation we have in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.

I wouldn't be so irritated by this if the federal government had a plan to improve intercity rail and regional public transit. Joe Biden has a plan for intercity rail in the United States; where's our plan?