View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 10:12 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

The developer and architect are specific project details and don't belong in the thread title, IMO. I'll advocate strongly against this. The clutter this adds is evident over on SRC, where it's already getting out of control. It's hard to visually pick out the projects I'm interested in reading about because the titles are so long. These details should be, and are, available in the thread itself, along with all the other project details. The titles should be clear and concise in identifying the project (ie. name and address, primarily), not the specific details of the project.

Likewise, if the thread categories are properly setup per city/area, then there's no need for displaying the city name per thread, and the extra clutter this also adds. I would rename and reorganize our threads into these categories, within the Ottawa-Gatineau forum:

Ottawa (Downtown/Central)
Kanata/Stittsville
Barrhaven/Riverside South
Orleans/Cumberland
Ottawa (Other Locations)
Gatineau

This would also serve to lessen the confusion about where does Ottawa end and the suburbs begin? (ie. the greenbelt divider debate), as well as where should posters put Gatineau projects. As a separate city with separate zoning and development rules, it merits its own sub-forum.