View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 4:44 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
The CTA is a very different beast than the TTC. While there's a large rail network frequencies are much lower than any of the subway lines, and feeder buses also seem much more infrequent. The system (with some exceptions) never had the significant "white-collar" component you see on the TTC. I've ridden the L many times over rush hour and you simply don't see nearly as many office workers as you would on the Toronto subway. Also evidenced by the plethora of above-ground parking garages in the Loop / River North. Last time I was there a year or so ago it seemed noticeably more run down and kinda sketchy compared to the TTC, and a friend (who I've travelled to Chicago with before) said that it's gotten worse since, if anything.

LA with it's expansive bus system is probably more analogous to the GTA than older rail-based cities.

The Chicago loop lines have mediocre frequency but the subway (Red and Blue lines) frequency is good. Or at least it was prior to the pandemic. The Red line apparently ran every 2 minutes peak.