View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2023, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
When making errors you can see if there is bias in terms of the direction and how the correction is handled. Many media outlets and commentators sure took that fake news story and ran with it.

Mélanie Joly's initial response:

In context at the time this could only reasonably have been intended as a condemnation of Israel, and the whole tweet is speculative and misleading.

More recently she retweeted Bill Blair:

I wonder if she will ever post a conclusion describing the confirmed events and who was responsible or if this is as pointed as it will get. This Bill Blair post as it stands reminds me of the UN statements about how sad it is that people in Ukraine are dying for mysterious reasons (tsunami? earthquake?).
I think your reading more into her position that was stated.

Hours earlier Trudeau said:
“Civilian life must always be protected and international and humanitarian law must always be respected. We are working closely with allies to determine exactly what happened,”

"Canada is taking the necessary steps to look at everything before drawing conclusions on what happened."
I think she was echoing the government position, basically we don't have all the details yet to point fingers.