View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 4:47 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Yukon passed Northwest Territories by 3 people!

It's crazy to me how a little state like mine, Delaware, is about the same population as Nova Scotia, although Nova Scotia has always been ahead of Delaware. But in the 1800s, Delaware was about 25-50% more than Prince Edward Island. If Delaware had the same trend as PEI, it would have a population of 200,000 or 225,000. More recently, Delaware had about the same population as New Brunswick in the 1990s: New Brunswick had more people in 1990, but Delaware had more people in 2000.

Delaware should pass Nova Scotia by the 2030 census.

Will Nova Scotia pass Sasksatchewan? When?
During the wildfires in and around Yellowknife, the Northwest Territories would have been below both Yukon and Nunavut as 10,000+ people evacuated south. I suspect Yukon will remain the most populated territory for a long time.

Delaware (6,450 sq km) is very similar in area to Prince Edward Island (5,660 sq km). Goes to show how densely populated Delaware is. If Prince Edward Island was as densely populated as Delaware it would have 893,622 people.