SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=330)
-   -   Atlanta: Forum Meet between July 4-7? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132901)

ATLonthebrain Jun 11, 2007 7:40 PM

Atlanta: Forum Meet between July 4-7?

ATL forumers,

I'm planning to visit July 4-7, and it would be great to meet with a few of those personalities I see posting here with regularity. I know the holiday falls midweek this year, but I think that may mean not as many will be traveling far from home.

Of course, we're talking about a time when summer is in full swing, so extensive outdoor activities (touring around town spotting various projects) may not be in the cards. If not, I'd be just as happy to meet for a drink and/or bite to eat and talk face-to-face vs on this board. When and where is up in the air. There are so many here who I identify with only through your respective handles, yet I don't know names or faces. Would be nice to change that.

Hope to generate some interest from the pro-Atlanta crowd. I'll check back periodically to see what the general consensus appears to be. Keeping my fingers crossed that there's both interest and an ability to make it happen. I should be fairly open on each of those days. Thanks.

ATLonthebrain

mayhem Jun 11, 2007 8:27 PM

I'm down if it's past 8pm. I'll check back to the thread to see when and where a meet up is planned and if I can make it!

shanthemanatl Jun 11, 2007 10:03 PM

I'll get back from St. Simons on the 4th, so I'll be in town. I'd love to meet!

(four 0 four) Jun 12, 2007 1:57 PM

Maybe somewhere like the upper deck of the 11th Street Six Feet Under where we can ooh and aah over the skyline while enjoying a nice cold beer...or lemonade.

Trae Jun 12, 2007 4:16 PM

I would go if I could.

cabasse Jun 12, 2007 5:22 PM

i'd have to wait till the next one... sorry, i'd love to be there next month but i don't think it would be possible.

we still need to meet up sometime up here though, bryant!

ATLonthebrain Jun 12, 2007 6:04 PM

Oh yeah, I've been hearing good things about the new Six Feet Under, and especially about the views. That sounds like a perfect spot, maybe mid-evening to watch the transition from day to night and see the city light up.

I'm there three evenings, Wed/Thu/Fri. Wed is the actual holiday, but not sure it's going to be a big deal since it is midweek. So seems like there are a couple of interested forumers so far. Keep the posts coming, and details can be worked out later. Maybe let me know, for those who are interested, whether say Thu or Fri evenings typically are better for your availability.

And Tim, I fully agree. We really need to connect. I've been here for over a year now and have yet to cross paths with you. Let's change that soon. I may venture to Downtown/Brush Park this weekend. If you think you'll be around, let me know.

ATLonthebrain

Sulley Jun 12, 2007 6:16 PM

Sure!

g-man435 Jun 12, 2007 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sulley (Post 2892620)
Sure!

Where did you come from? I thought you left for good. :P

jfsatlbldr Jun 12, 2007 7:44 PM

I would like to join in with the group as well.

ATLonthebrain Jun 12, 2007 8:09 PM

So we potentially have:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr (love all your posted pics, btw!)

Everyone feel good about Six Feet Under on West 11th?

Let's keep the list growing, ATLans, and let me know the best day for everyone (including July 4). I'd even be open to two separate meets on different days to accommodate more people, if necessary. But one bigger one would be best, I'm sure we'd all agree.

mayhem Jun 12, 2007 8:12 PM

Six Feet Under

Fiorenza Jun 12, 2007 8:29 PM

I'm there.

trainiac Jun 12, 2007 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain (Post 2892864)
Everyone feel good about Six Feet Under on West 11th?

Let's keep the list growing, ATLans, and let me know the best day for everyone (including July 4).

Six Feet Under is the place, I'd say. Thursday the 5th works best for me but Friday would probably be OK. Cool beans

catlike Jun 12, 2007 9:15 PM

I think I'm available those days, as well.

ATLonthebrain Jun 12, 2007 10:58 PM

And the list gets longer:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike

Anyone know how much room there is on the patio/balcony @ Six Feet Under? I'll probably call sometime next week, after I have a better feel for how many can make it, and see about reserving something, if that's possible. Worth a try.

SteveD Jun 13, 2007 2:25 AM

I might be able to go. I'm anticipating closing on a new home on the 6th tho...

shanthemanatl Jun 13, 2007 2:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain (Post 2893247)
And the list gets longer:

ATLonthebrain
Mayhem
shanethemanatl
(four 0 four)
Sulley
jfsatlbldr
Fiorenza
trainiac
catlike

Anyone know how much room there is on the patio/balcony @ Six Feet Under? I'll probably call sometime next week, after I have a better feel for how many can make it, and see about reserving something, if that's possible. Worth a try.

You can usually call about an hour ahead and they'll put your name on the list for the rooftop deck.

The view is amazing...y'all will love it!

ATLonthebrain Jun 13, 2007 3:38 AM

All the more reason to celebrate, SteveD..hope you can join us.

shan, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind to call an hour or two ahead to set something aside on the deck.

I'm leaning towards Thu right now, because people typically have more going on Fri night.

john3eblover Jun 13, 2007 5:03 AM

i'll be there in spirit... :-(