SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   NEW JERSEY | Liberty World Trade Center -TTII| 1,515 FT / 462 M | 115 FLOORS | VISION (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172731)

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 8:00 PM

NEW YORK | Twin Towers II | 1,515 FT | 125 FLOORS | VISION

The Twin Towers of the WTC were marveled by all. Because they were symbols of America's freedom they were destroyed. Many believed they should be rebuild t oshow our defiance as well as millions of others. Today we have that chance. A man named Kennethe Gardener has created a new Twin Towers plan that is taller safer stronger cheaper to build and supported by 9/11 families because it was designed partly by them. The plans can be seen at www.wtc2011.com or www.twintowersii.com. There is a fight going on to have them rebuilt at www.twintowersalliance.com. This is a proposed building. We will all find out how it goes soon. There is a good financing plan etc. The designer has it all worked out im just a supporter.

Here is a picture of the designer with his model

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ds2000/Ken.jpg

A picture of the new model

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...000/model3.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...000/Facade.jpg

wong21fr Aug 19, 2009 8:05 PM

M II A II R II K Aug 19, 2009 8:06 PM

Do you really think that the Freedom Tower as it is now will be demolished to make way for the new twin towers?

Try having it built somewhere else in Manhattan, and perhaps give it a different color, a nice gold perhaps, or gold plated stripes would work also.

Parkway Aug 19, 2009 8:11 PM

TalB stikes again...

Dac150 Aug 19, 2009 8:11 PM

Not to mention that this guys so called design is so conveniently similar in so many ways to the proposal of Donald Trump way back when. Hey, if I didn’t know any better I’d say it’s the same exact one. Please, take this nonsense elsewhere; what you see rising, like it or not, is what you’ll be getting. End of story.

Duffstuff129 Aug 19, 2009 8:13 PM

This project baffles me. The only resemblance these "Twin Towers" bear to the originals is the setback-less box shape. These towers don't even try to attain the subtle charm of the originals. If I were Minoru Yamasaki or the family of a 9/11 victim, I would be insulted.

Take this pile of trash away.

This is awful architecture.

M II A II R II K Aug 19, 2009 8:14 PM

And plus what's the antenna for? For show perhaps.

M II A II R II K Aug 19, 2009 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 (Post 4414341)
This project baffles me. The only resemblance these "Twin Towers" bear to the originals is the setback-less box shape. These towers don't even try to attain the subtle charm of the originals. If I were Minoru Yamasaki or the family of a 9/11 victim, I would be insulted.

Which makes one wonder does this proposal even have the same stem like reinforcement that went all the way up to the top to enable more floor space by not getting too crowded with elevators.

MolsonExport Aug 19, 2009 8:19 PM

TalB?

Dac150 Aug 19, 2009 8:20 PM

This proposal is nothing but a cheap imitation that doesn’t even scratch the surface of the essence that the originals carried. Plus it’s lined on the bottom with condo buildings straight out of Palm Beach.

theWatusi Aug 19, 2009 8:38 PM

This is obviously not a serious proposal and this thread is going far beyond the standard beating of a dead horse.

M II A II R II K Aug 19, 2009 9:07 PM

So this can stay in the visionary forum.

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M II A II R II K (Post 4414325)
Do you really think that the Freedom Tower as it is now will be demolished to make way for the new twin towers?

Try having it built somewhere else in Manhattan, and perhaps give it a different color, a nice gold perhaps, or gold plated stripes would work also.

The engineer has assured us he can build over what has been done

theWatusi Aug 19, 2009 9:14 PM

so it's going to be a piece of cake to build 2 supertalls right onto of Path station without making any changes? :koko:

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dac150 (Post 4414339)
Not to mention that this guys so called design is so conveniently similar in so many ways to the proposal of Donald Trump way back when. Hey, if I didn’t know any better I’d say it’s the same exact one. Please, take this nonsense elsewhere; what you see rising, like it or not, is what you’ll be getting. End of story.

Ken was the one who designed Trumps proposal. trump just promoted it. Besides the freedom tower was picked in an illegitamate process by Pataki that crook who picked the FT because of political contributions. He admitted it in an MSNBC interview recently

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 9:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theWatusi (Post 4414381)
This is obviously not a serious proposal and this thread is going far beyond the standard beating of a dead horse.

It is very serious. Go visit the TwinTowersAlliance.com page and see its no joke.

theWatusi Aug 19, 2009 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever (Post 4414452)
It is very serious. Go visit the TwinTowersAlliance.com page and see its no joke.

The Twin Towers Alliance is very much a joke to the majority of people here.

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 9:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M II A II R II K (Post 4414351)
Which makes one wonder does this proposal even have the same stem like reinforcement that went all the way up to the top to enable more floor space by not getting too crowded with elevators.

It does. It has column free floorspace like the originals, and all the rest. Im going to get another picture to put on here.

TwinTowersForever Aug 19, 2009 9:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 (Post 4414341)

Just look at the new pics. How do they not "resemble the origanals" There taller stronger yatta yatta. They cant just rebuild the originals exactly they did some 21st century updating

John Hinds Aug 19, 2009 9:24 PM

I had no idea this idea was still alive to be honest, I thought it had died years ago once SOM were appointed for the Freedom Tower.
How many people are still involved with the TTA?
Is it just a few die hard fans of the Twin Tower design?

I'm sure you know at this point that you know that there isn't a shred of hope in it happening.

So is that model for sale? :D