SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   Where in the world have you travelled? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214588)

Chinook Arch Dec 3, 2014 7:23 PM

Where in the world have you travelled?

I will be taking a trip to Europe this spring. It'll be my first time outside of North America, and I am excited about it. I know many of you Calgary forumers have been all over the globe. I'm curious to where everyone has been.

polishavenger Dec 3, 2014 7:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinook Arch (Post 6829866)
I will be taking a trip to Europe this spring. It'll be my first time outside of North America, and I am excited about it. I know many of you Calgary forumers have been all over the globe. I'm curious to where everyone has been.

What part of Europe?

simster3 Dec 3, 2014 7:28 PM

Iceland, France, Italy, Switzerland, China, States, Mexico, Morocco, Tanzania, Portugal and England, Spain and Netherlands for a night or two. Where are you heading too? There is still a lot in Europe I want to see.

Jimby Dec 3, 2014 7:43 PM

India (where I began but I have been back to visit), Panama, Netherlands, England, Wales, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Israel, Egypt, Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, China and Hong Kong, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, 10 provinces but not the north, and about 30 states.
I have been to Winnemucca Nevada but I have never been to Vegas!

MasterG Dec 3, 2014 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinook Arch (Post 6829866)

In the summer I did my first outside NA trip too, also to Europe. Backpack & hostels solo for 6 weeks: Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany & Austria. Many, many amazing experiences, places & people.

What type of travelling are you doing?

forrested Dec 3, 2014 7:54 PM

I've travelled extensively in the USA, particularly in the west and I am in Northern Washington State in the Cascades every 2 months or so. We travel to NYC most years - love it there.

My big vacation each year is to France. We rent homes in the country via VRBO and self-cater, relax and enjoy being in a small village.

We have also been to the UK and India.

Tills13 Dec 3, 2014 7:55 PM

I've been many places, but by far my favorite place was Africa.

I did the "wealthy white man's" version, but it was still fun, regardless. Tanzania, Zanzibar, and Kenya, specifically.

Edit: since it's what you're kind of asking, I've always been to Europe (Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Britain, Switzerland) - you won't be disappointed unless you only visit London in which case you'll be broke.

Riise Dec 3, 2014 7:57 PM

Africa
Morocco

Asia
Turkey

Europe
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Vatican City
Wales

North America
Canada (5/13)
Cuba
Mexico
Trinidad
United States (49/50)

South America
Brazil
Venezuela

simster3 Dec 3, 2014 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tills13 (Post 6829920)
I've been many places, but by far my favorite place was Africa.

I did the "wealthy white man's" version, but it was still fun, regardless. Tanzania, Zanzibar, and Kenya, specifically.

Edit: since it's what you're kind of asking, I've always been to Europe (Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Britain, Switzerland) - you won't be disappointed unless you only visit London in which case you'll be broke.

I did a camping safari, not the tented camp, in Tanzania and then a week in Zanzibar and I can't imagine another trip that could be better.

artvandelay Dec 3, 2014 8:36 PM

North America
Mexico
US

Asia
Cambodia
Hong Kong
India
Laos
Macau
Thailand
Vietnam

Europe
Austria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Germany
Hungary
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Slovakia

Next up South America!

For Europe I highly recommend Hungary and the Czech Republic. Budapest and Prague are two of the most beautiful cities I've been to and your dollar goes much further there than in countries that are on the Euro.

Rusty van Reddick Dec 3, 2014 8:43 PM

Canada (when I lived in the US), the US (now that I live in Canada), Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Singapore, Malaysia, the UK, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Luxembourg, Belgium, and all over Germany including former East and West Germany. Might be going to Iceland in May.

Fuzz Dec 3, 2014 9:21 PM

Americas
10 provinces, no territories
about 25-30 US states
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Barbados
Cuba
US and British Virgin Islands
Barbados
Jamaica
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Peru
Galapagos

Asia
Japan
Thailand
China
India
Jordan

Africa
Egypt

Europe
England
Wales
France
Monaco
Greece
Italy
Vatican City
Netherlands
Austria
Germany
Czech Republic

lubicon Dec 3, 2014 9:32 PM

Not a big list for me :(

Canada (as far east as P.E.I)
U.S. - mostly western states. Furthest east is Dallas unless you count the airport in Miami and Minneapolis.
Mexico
Barbados
West Germany
East Germany (transited through it on the way to/from Berlin).

Boris2k7 Dec 3, 2014 9:34 PM

I've only done the United States and France...

:happysad:

flipstah Dec 3, 2014 9:38 PM

Within our lands, I've conquered all of West Coast North America, from Victoria to San Diego and everything in-between. Mostly western US, Mexico, Florida, and Ontario/Quebec.

I've been to various parts in Asia (mostly because I was born there and lived there for a while before moving to Canada), and Australia.

I recently finished a 10-day backpacking trek around Southeast Asia and can't wait to do more. :notacrook::tup:

I grew up within a traveling family that loves food. We once drove to Portland over a long weekend, just to eat.

I have a travel blog if you're curious and have time to waste:

www.doncommando.com

McMurph Dec 3, 2014 10:04 PM

13/13 in Canada. Not sure how many others can say that. 43/50 in the states (with little interest in completing the set). Much of Central America. Colombia, Brazil. Most of east and west Europe (except Scandinavia). Morocco, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Fiji, NZ, Australia...

Russia, China, the Middle East / Gulf and most of Africa are the big blanks on my world map. Of them, I'm most keen to head to the south of Africa. Otherwise I'd head back to South America, SE Asia or Europe any day.

Shylo Dec 3, 2014 10:25 PM

Just back from a trip in October and November.
Spent time in the following:
Australia
Vietnam
Indonesia
Malaysia
Singapore
Colombia
Norway
Scotland
USA

Here's a few iPhone photos.

Tills13 Dec 3, 2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simster3 (Post 6829940)
I did a camping safari, not the tented camp, in Tanzania and then a week in Zanzibar and I can't imagine another trip that could be better.

We stayed in these amazing 4-5star lodges in the middle of nowhere. It was surreal because 3km from one of the hotels (which had heated showers, a swimming pool, and computers), was this Masai (native people) village where the huts were made of mud and they wore animal hides they captured and skinned themselves.

I felt like I was cheating.

simster3 Dec 3, 2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tills13 (Post 6830146)
We stayed in these amazing 4-5star lodges in the middle of nowhere. It was surreal because 3km from one of the hotels (which had heated showers, a swimming pool, and computers), was this Masai (native people) village where the huts were made of mud and they wore animal hides they captured and skinned themselves.

I felt like I was cheating.

One of the guides at the camp in the Serengeti said he wouldn't sleep in a tent anymore because one time an elephant trampled through in the night. Africa was amazing. We did not have hot showers unfortunately. Next time we go, we are doing the rich man's safari.

Surrealplaces Dec 3, 2014 11:27 PM

Africa
Egypt
Morocco

Asia
Turkey
Kuwait
Dubai
Oman
China
Indonesia
Singapore