SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | 1855 Rose Street | 74M | 16F | On-Hold (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196862)

Chadillaccc Jan 4, 2012 2:00 PM

Regina | 1855 Rose Street | 74M | 16F | On-Hold

Important projects need their own threads... no one else is doing it so I will :)

Stormer Jan 4, 2012 3:38 PM

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...utpichers1.jpg

I'll kick it off

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/Picture1.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...blication2.jpg

Bdog Jan 4, 2012 6:37 PM

^Wow. That's a nice podium. Reminds me of something you'd see in Toronto...

roccerfeller Jan 4, 2012 6:39 PM

Wow nice...

any sky level pictures?

Stormer Jan 4, 2012 7:09 PM

http://reginaurbanecology.files.word...e_sky-crop.jpg

thefourthtower Jan 4, 2012 7:20 PM

The middle part of the tower appears to be the size of city hall , this will be a major skyline changer.

Biff Jan 4, 2012 7:39 PM

I have to say that i really like the looks of the building. I would just like to tweak the design a little so it doesn't look like the front of a Rolls Royce Phantom....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...pZTQaGax3bNpTc

Dougler306 Jan 4, 2012 7:44 PM

Hey. Ill take a Rolls Royce anyday rolling on 22'', better than lets say a ford...

Pretty funny tho still haha, Cant wait to see this puppy under construction!!!!

HomeInMyShoes Jan 4, 2012 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 5537232)
I have to say that i really like the looks of the building. I would just like to tweak the design a little so it doesn't look like the front of a Rolls Royce Phantom....

Lol.

This thing is going to block most of Conexus, Bank of Montreal, and FCC from most views from the East end.

Overall it's got a very retro feel, but with newer, clearer glass. I'm really quite liking it. It'll give SaskTel a run for the money for the fatscraper champion in Regina.

roccerfeller Jan 4, 2012 9:36 PM

woooooo! that is one sexy building

and it will look nicer with the real glass

SkydivePilot Jan 4, 2012 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5537203)
The middle part of the tower appears to be the size of city hall , this will be a major skyline changer.

That's about right! The City hall is also 16 storeys; however, 1855 Rose will still be 11 metres taller. This thing will be a skyline changer!!!

brithgob Jan 5, 2012 3:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes (Post 5537382)
Lol.

This thing is going to block most of Conexus, Bank of Montreal, and FCC from most views from the East end.

Overall it's got a very retro feel, but with newer, clearer glass. I'm really quite liking it. It'll give SaskTel a run for the money for the fatscraper champion in Regina.

It'll be the largest office building in the province in terms of square footage.

Le-TanK- Jan 5, 2012 5:55 AM

Is this still going through?

jigglysquishy Jan 5, 2012 2:25 PM

The Sasktel building will continue to be larger. It has 440,000 sq. ft. while this has 400,000 sq. ft.

People ignore the Sasktel building because the building is occupied by a crown.

isaidso Jan 5, 2012 2:32 PM

Really good!

brithgob Jan 5, 2012 2:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 5538280)
The Sasktel building will continue to be larger. It has 440,000 sq. ft. while this has 400,000 sq. ft.

People ignore the Sasktel building because the building is occupied by a crown.

Are you sure you don't have your numbers switched? The city documents say 437,000 sq. ft. for this project.

http://www.regina.ca/opencms/export/...1/CR11-123.pdf

Leader-Post story http://www.kashlee.com/news/2011/may...in_regina.html
Quote:

“The overall floor area is 440,000 square feet, which would make it the largest office building in the province with respect to the floor area,” said Fred Searle, manager of the city’s development review branch.

Dougler306 Jan 5, 2012 5:32 PM

I thought this project was APPROVED already?? Isnt construction scheduled for sometime this year?

Stormer Jan 5, 2012 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougler306 (Post 5538479)
I thought this project was APPROVED already?? Isnt construction scheduled for sometime this year?

Sure it was approved but that does not mean it is going ahead. They have to come up with $200 million.

thefourthtower Jan 5, 2012 6:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 5538495)
Sure it was approved but that does not mean it is going ahead. They have to come up with $200 million.

I believe the cost was one hundred million , it will go ahead as planned

Stormer Jan 5, 2012 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5538569)

A 437,000 square foot building of this quality will be close to $200 million.

thefourthtower Jan 5, 2012 7:12 PM

A new tower is proposed for downtown Regina and the massive structure would be the largest office building in Saskatchewan, according to the City of Regina’s planning department.

“The overall floor area is 440,000 square feet, which would make it the largest office building in the province with respect to the floor area,” said Fred Searle, manager of the city’s development review branch.

The tower would be built on the northeast corner of 12th Avenue and Rose Street. The structure would take up most of the block on the east on side of Rose Street between 11th and 12th avenues and would rise for 16 floors into the sky.

in conjuncThe project represents an investment of more than $100 million, according to Anthony Marquart, president of Regina-based Royalty Developments, which is developing the project tion with local partners Harold Rotstien and PFM Capital.
“I firmly believe that, in terms of investment and real estate opportunities, this is the greatest city in the province to be in right now,” Marquart said. “We feel very proud to be here in Regina and we’re excited to bring competition to the marketplace.”

Even with Hill Centre Tower III being built a short distance away, there is such a demand for top-tier office space in Regina that Marquart doesn’t think it will be a problem to fill another building. But the developers wanted to make their building stand out, and they are proposing three special aspects.

First, it would be the first-ever building in downtown Regina to achieve Gold certification under the Canada Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System. Second, with a floor plate larger than any other similar building in Regina, companies that would otherwise require multiple floors, can fit on one, which has business benefits. Third, the building would have four levels of underground parking, another first for Regina.
from the above article, You may be right its a massive tower

jigglysquishy Jan 5, 2012 9:20 PM

Correction, The Sasktel building is 460,000 sq. ft.

Welkin Jan 8, 2012 5:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 5538619)
A 437,000 square foot building of this quality will be close to $200 million.

Are you sure? That is $457 a square foot. According to RSMeans, that is way above current Toronto or even New York City rates. Has construction costs in Regina gone up that much? What cost per square foot are they getting on lease rates?

SkydivePilot Jan 8, 2012 9:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5538569)

Yes --- that'll be a $200,000,000.00 tower alright!!! Furthermore, they'll also have the cash. :)

thefourthtower Jan 9, 2012 2:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkydivePilot (Post 5542173)
Yes --- that'll be a $200,000,000.00 tower alright!!! Furthermore, they'll also have the cash. :)

its a massive investment in the city good for them , there should be two cranes alone for this impressive tower of 16 floors

SkydivePilot Jan 9, 2012 7:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5542450)
its a massive investment in the city good for them , there should be two cranes alone for this impressive tower of 16 floors

There will be two cranes that'll construct 1855 Rose. I remember --- as a young teenager --- that the SaskTel Building had 2 cranes atop of it during 1980-81. ;)

thefourthtower Feb 1, 2012 4:04 AM

Not to sure how true this is i was told that someone walking by the site today noticed that some no parking signs were put up , maybe there getting ready or maybe its nothing

sask1982 Feb 1, 2012 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5572242)
Not to sure how true this is i was told that someone walking by the site today noticed that some no parking signs were put up , maybe there getting ready or maybe its nothing

Can confirm this tomorrow, I work across the street from that property.

Baker58 Feb 1, 2012 6:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 5572242)

I think it is probably nothing. We lease parking stalls in that lot through Impark and Impark is going to give us one month notice minimum before anything happens.

sask1982 Feb 1, 2012 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baker58 (Post 5572374)
I think it is probably nothing. We lease parking stalls in that lot through Impark and Impark is going to give us one month notice minimum before anything happens.

Agreed, I looked and those signs have nothing to do with what is proposed to be built on that site (in my opinion).

Spongebob Apr 11, 2012 5:56 AM

Anybody heard anything about this project lately? How will FCC II affect this development with the addition of more class A office space?

Regina Boi Apr 11, 2012 2:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob (Post 5662058)
Anybody heard anything about this project lately? How will FCC II affect this development with the addition of more class A office space?

I was wondering the same thing, It's been a long time since we've heard anything about this development. I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out to be another Capital Pointe.

SkydivePilot May 17, 2012 10:00 PM

I thought that they were going to start on this during April. Has anyone heard of anything as-of-late?

BrannyMuffin May 17, 2012 10:12 PM

Isn't the same company that's doing the Crossroads expansion? Maybe they want to finish that before moving on to a much bigger project?

kenskca May 18, 2012 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 5704610)
Isn't the same company that's doing the Crossroads expansion? Maybe they want to finish that before moving on to a much bigger project?

I read somewhere on here (maybe the Regina Construction thread?) that the rumour is they are still searching for an anchor tenant.

Much like condos presell, I would assume office buildings would need some guaranteed leases before work starts.

Dougler306 May 18, 2012 6:32 PM

I know royalty developements still has the project listed under future projects list, so its still going down but who knows when. You think they would be able to find an anchor tenent, maybe another resource company, vale potash or rio tinito would be ideal choices

Udon'tknow May 23, 2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenskca (Post 5705269)
I read somewhere on here (maybe the Regina Construction thread?) that the rumour is they are still searching for an anchor tenant.

Much like condos presell, I would assume office buildings would need some guaranteed leases before work starts.

About three weeks ago a friend of mine who parks on the lot said that one day there was a notice on everyone's windsheild indicating that by the end of the year the lot would no longer be available for parking and construction would be starting in January of next year. That is a ways off so I assume a lot of things need to fall into place first but it seems to still be a go based off of that.

Dougler306 May 23, 2012 11:21 PM

Thanks for the great news!! Its better that a project get planned properly and all the details released b4 anything actually happenes, would hate to see another captial point. But this is great news, that this project is still steaming ahead

Chadillaccc Aug 1, 2012 8:00 AM

Wtf is going on with this beast?

kiwi4life Aug 2, 2012 2:20 AM

so this one aint approved yet?

TechnicalRecession Aug 2, 2012 4:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi4life (Post 5785404)
so this one aint approved yet?

It has been approved, but no details on construction start dates have been provided yet.

Le-TanK- Aug 23, 2012 10:54 PM

I remember seeing this on the news saying that it was approved, is it still moving forward?

Chadillaccc Aug 24, 2012 4:29 AM

It's approved, just waiting for construction itinerary.

dsmmace Aug 24, 2012 7:26 PM

Who is doing the construction of this project?

Dougler306 Aug 24, 2012 11:20 PM

Royalty developements is the company who is behind the propsed office building. Not to sure who the consturction company would be tho

They have it listed as upcoming projects on thier webiste:

http://www.royaltydevelopments.com/our-projects

Devon Aug 25, 2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougler306 (Post 5809866)
Royalty developements is the company who is behind the propsed office building. Not to sure who the consturction company would be tho

They have it listed as upcoming projects on thier webiste:

http://www.royaltydevelopments.com/our-projects

Everything they have done is trash. Really not looking forward to this one.

Treesplease Aug 25, 2012 2:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devon (Post 5809921)

They do seem to like stucco - A LOT.

Udon'tknow Aug 27, 2012 6:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devon (Post 5809921)

Well if you look at the pics of this proposed building it is actually very nice, not anything like their other buildings, which I agree are ugly stucco buildings. Hopefully they actually build this one as it would fill in one ugly parking lot with a modern scraper.

Tyler19944 Nov 28, 2012 8:57 AM

Anyone know the status of this building?? It would be so nice to see built!

Chadillaccc Dec 16, 2012 4:15 AM

I don't understand why they pushed back the priority of this building to behind FCC II, this one has been proposed a year longer than FCC II, and obviously Regina needs the office space.