SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | 1855 Rose Street | 74M | 16F | On-Hold (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196862)

Rottie Jan 8, 2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 6397709)
Note sure where that height ever came from. The City's website says it is 65m plus mechanical penthouse/parapet, so more like 68m

Floors 1 and 2 and 6m each
Floors 3-14 are 4m
Floor 15 is 5m
Floor 16 is 5.5m

Your numbers equal 70.5m. Add 3 for the mechanical penthouse/parapet and you get 73.5m.

In the article it says 437,000 sq ft gross and 317,000 net. Does that mean the 437,000 is total area of office space, underground parking, roof etc. and 317,000 is just office area? That is one big building. A project that big would not go ahead with just 1 major tenant would it? It would need 1 or 2 more tenants like Brandt to fill the place up assuming Brandt takes 150,000 sq ft.

thefourthtower Jan 8, 2014 12:55 AM

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/o...181/story.html

Proposed Regina office building gets go-ahead, new name

BY BRUCE JOHNSTONE, LEADER-POST JANUARY 7, 2014

At 44,000 square-feet, this proposed building on Rose Street will be 16 stories tall.
Photograph by: Courtesy Dialog
REGINA — A proposed 16-storey office building on 1800 block Rose Street — which would be one of the largest office buildings in the province — was re-approved by Regina city council in December and could begin construction as early as fall of 2014, according to the developer, Anthony Marquart of Royalty Developments.

“(The initial approval) had expired, so we re-applied. We have that (re-approval) now ... That allows us to have comfort that we can put the building on there that we wish to. But any firm decisions relating to size and scope will not occur until probably the second quarter of 2014.” While essentially the same project the city approved in 2011, the $100-million-plus development now has a name, Brandt Place — and potentially an anchor tenant, Brandt Group of Companies — Marquart added.

“(The name) Brandt Place is indicative of the newest tenant, a tenant that’s going to take considerable space in the building and that’s the Brandt Group of Companies,’’ Marquart said. “That’s why we’re calling it Brandt Place. They have an interest in consolidating their offices and the Saskatchewan option for them is this site right here.”

Spokespersons for Brandt Group of Companies were unavailable for comment Monday. But Marquart stressed that the project is not a done deal yet. “The key word is potentially,’’ Marquart said. “Size and scope (of the project) is dependent upon our ability to secure the leases necessary to secure financing. But we’re certainly working toward that.’’

Marquart also clarified that the project’s proposed size — 437,000 square feet (gross) and 317,000 square feet (net) — would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, ever built for a private sector tenant in the province. Brandt Group of Companies, which is considered the largest privately held company in the province, posted $1.4 billion in sales in 2012.

Marquart added that other tenants would also be welcomed at Brandt Place. SGI, for example, currently has an request for proposal (RFP) to four companies to build a new office building for Crown corporation. The new building would have to have 165,000 to 180,000 square feet and a larger floorplate — fewer floors, but more space on each floor — than the current 20-storey, 33-year-old building on Lorne Street and 11th Avenue.

In addition, Brandt Place would include 22,000 square feet of commercial space.

Diana Hawryluk, the city’s director of planning, confirmed the project approval expires if construction doesn’t take place within two years. But aside from the new name and potential anchor tenant, the project is essentially the same as the one approved in 2011.

This tower will certainly add to the skyline

SkydivePilot Jan 8, 2014 1:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 6397709)
Note sure where that height ever came from. The City's website says it is 65m plus mechanical penthouse/parapet, so more like 68m

Floors 1 and 2 and 6m each
Floors 3-14 are 4m
Floor 15 is 5m
Floor 16 is 5.5m

Ya, I was referring to average height. 73.5 metres is damn tall for 16 floors! (Gulf Canada Square in Calgary is 70.1m/20 floors.)

Let's hope that this will be the big announcement. :)

brithgob Jan 8, 2014 3:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkydivePilot (Post 6397851)
Ya, I was referring to average height. 73.5 metres is damn tall for 16 floors! (Gulf Canada Square in Calgary is 70.1m/20 floors.)

Let's hope that this will be the big announcement. :)

Why would you hope that? I hope it's something we don't even know about yet!

Stormer Jan 8, 2014 3:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rottie (Post 6397794)
Your numbers equal 70.5m. Add 3 for the mechanical penthouse/parapet and you get 73.5m.

In the article it says 437,000 sq ft gross and 317,000 net. Does that mean the 437,000 is total area of office space, underground parking, roof etc. and 317,000 is just office area? That is one big building. A project that big would not go ahead with just 1 major tenant would it? It would need 1 or 2 more tenants like Brandt to fill the place up assuming Brandt takes 150,000 sq ft.

Hmm. I guess I should have added that up. They called the 16th floor a penthouse and did not use it in the total. For some reason the City accepted 65m as the height. I imagine the developer was low balling to help with approval.

this should be Regina's 6th tallest building.

SkydivePilot Jan 8, 2014 4:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 6397974)
Why would you hope that? I hope it's something we don't even know about yet!

Ya, I hope that is true; however, I can't imagine a yet another mega-type project slipping beneath our collective radars. Lol!

We shall agree on one thing though; the project will likely be one of these (or any combination thereof): 1855 Rose; Capital Pointe; Harvard IV; new SGI (elsewhere?); RPL/tower; new highrise hotel.

Chadillaccc Jan 8, 2014 4:39 AM

:previous: Imagine if all of those projects happen! It will bring Regina's skyline almost to the level of London and Halifax! Two cities over twice Regina's size! How amazing would that be :D I just can't wait for the day y'all get a 100+ meter proposal!!

sask1982 Jan 8, 2014 2:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadillaccc (Post 6398072)
I just can't wait for the day y'all get a 100+ meter proposal!!

You can say that again. I think if it were ever possible, we are closer now than ever b4.

Le-TanK- Jan 8, 2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sask1982 (Post 6398300)
You can say that again. I think if it were ever possible, we are closer now than ever b4.

Would that be Capital pointe? if it ever goes through.

thefourthtower Jan 9, 2014 4:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 6398011)
Hmm. I guess I should have added that up. They called the 16th floor a penthouse and did not use it in the total. For some reason the City accepted 65m as the height. I imagine the developer was low balling to help with approval.

Someone should change the name of the thread to Brant Place

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 9, 2014 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 6399540)
Someone should change the name of the thread to Brant Place

With hopefully the right spelling. Brandt Place :)

Chadillaccc Jan 9, 2014 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le-TanK- (Post 6399124)
Would that be Capital pointe? if it ever goes through.

The SSP diagram database is a very useful thing...

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=62491801

Capital Pointe has a roof height of 82 meters, spire height of 90 meters.

Bokimon Jan 11, 2014 8:19 PM

Don't worry Regina, your in good hands with the project.
Looks like the same firm that designed the Mosiac tower and the Ag Place is also doing the Rose Tower..

thefourthtower Jan 12, 2014 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 6398011)

This tower at 73.5 will be comparable to others in the province ,Regina's city hall at 68m - hill tower one at 79.2 Saskatoon square at 72 m- the Renaissance apartments at 79.2 it's nice to see the province has some taller proposals in the works

thefourthtower Jan 12, 2014 5:58 PM

[QUOTE=Chadillaccc;6400246]The SSP diagram database is a very useful thing...

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=62491801

Capital Pointe has a roof height of 82 meters, spire height of 90 meters.[/

Construction of Saskatchewan's tallest building starting this summer

Image courtesy Insight

The Capital Pointe project will be Saskatchewan's tallest building at 97 m (318 ft).

Regina is gaining a hotel, retail, and condominium project that is 97 m (318 ft) high, making it the tallest building in Saskatchewan.
Capital Pointe, designed by Chamberlain Architects, will be located where the Plains Hotel currently resides. The tallest part of the complex was originally going to be the 19-storey condominium section, but currently the plan is for it to reach 26 storeys. The building will be topped with an 8-m (26-ft) spire that pushes its height, making the structure taller than the 84-m (276-ft) Delta Regina Hotel.

An older story but states the towers height

SkydivePilot Jan 12, 2014 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 6403704)
This tower at 73.5 will be comparable to others in the province ,Regina's city hall at 68m - hill tower one at 79.2 Saskatoon square at 72 m- the Renaissance apartments at 79.2 it's nice to see the province has some taller proposals in the works

Almost.

The City Hall is 207 feet tall; ergo, that translates to a height of 63.1 metres. (Not 68.) I also don't believe Saskatoon Square as being 72 metres as well. No way in hell.

Unless you are including the height of the mast atop of it. :)

When it was completed in '76, it was the 2nd tallest City Hall in Canada!

thefourthtower Jan 12, 2014 6:07 PM

-

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 12, 2014 6:44 PM

Haha! This site is always so lively! Lol

Regina Boi Jan 12, 2014 7:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkydivePilot (Post 6403748)
fourthtower, what-the-hell are you posting on here?????!!!!!!!

I'm completly used to Thefourthtower's incoherent and off-topic posts, but this one is by far, the best one yet! lol :koko:

SkydivePilot Jan 12, 2014 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 6403790)
I'm completly used to Thefourthtower's incoherent and off-topic posts, but this one is by far, the best one yet! lol :koko:

Yes, it can be interesting here alright! Jajajaja!!! :haha: