SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   CHICAGO | Conservatory Tower | 82 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156242)

ChickeNES Jun 26, 2015 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 7076616)
Could be the West Loop location was a misquote. Conservatory looks about 82 stories.

It's also right on top of the city's busiest transit station, with direct links to the city's Mexican neighborhoods on the Pink and Orange Lines as well as both airports.

Yeah, my guess is they confused West Loop with it being in the western half of the Loop

--

Anyone know what the land at 201 North Clark is currently zoned as?

rlw777 Jun 26, 2015 8:21 PM

From what I understand the 201 n Clark deal is a legal mess. Is it possible they abandoned that location for a West loop gate location?

BVictor1 Jun 26, 2015 8:24 PM

2017 will never happen for this one. this is the 42nd Ward we're talking about, which is Ald. Reilly. There are the neighborhood meeting to be had and 200 N. Dearborn, which is now condo. This is a wait and see approach. Conservatory Tower was never approved, it was just a concept.

Randomguy34 Jun 26, 2015 8:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickeNES (Post 7076631)
Anyone know what the land at 201 North Clark is currently zoned as?

Currently it is zoned as PD 375. Here's a link to the document explaining all it's details
https://gisapps.cityofchicago.org/gi..._pds/PD375.pdf

spyguy Jun 26, 2015 8:40 PM

Live Aqua was the other hotel being pitched along with Dream for that proposal I posted about earlier (see posts above). I think I have another image or two somewhere....

wierdaaron Jun 26, 2015 9:18 PM

Can't imagine any problems having a skyscraper in town with Aqua in the name.

hawainpanda Jun 27, 2015 9:39 AM

Confused. 80+ floors with 200-300 room hotel....the hotel is prob only 15 floors...i imagine rest are apt or condos or mix with some office?

Domer2019 Jun 27, 2015 1:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawainpanda (Post 7077204)
Confused. 80+ floors with 200-300 room hotel....the hotel is prob only 15 floors...i imagine rest are apt or condos or mix with some office?

There's also the Dream hotel section

munchymunch Jun 27, 2015 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawainpanda (Post 7077204)

Spyguy mentioned in a post in General Developments that there will be Residential at the top.

spyguy Jun 27, 2015 6:28 PM

Here's the last I have for the Dream/Live Aqua mixed-use proposal on Clark (if that is in face the current proposal), which is maybe farther along than some might realize. Not saying it will happen (or on their announced timeline) but it also is/was not just some conceptual plan...
http://i58.tinypic.com/2hp3wy1.jpg

Randomguy34 Jun 27, 2015 7:07 PM

There's going to build a pedestrian bridge to the Thompson Center and Dearborn Apartments? I understand Thompson Center so that tourists can quickly access Clark/Lake, but why the Dearborn Apartments?

Judging from the scaling of Live Aqua with respective to other towers, it looks like it's close to 900 ft at the tip.

Chicago Shawn Jun 27, 2015 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomguy34 (Post 7077504)
There's going to build a pedestrian bridge to the Thompson Center and Dearborn Apartments? I understand Thompson Center so that tourists can quickly access Clark/Lake, but why the Dearborn Apartments?

Judging from the scaling of Live Aqua with respective to other towers, it looks like it's close to 900 ft at the tip.

The pedestrian connection already exists; you can walk indoors to the corner of State/Lake (At Leo Burnett, the walkway goes from the 2nd flr to the 1st).

BVictor1 Jun 27, 2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyguy (Post 7077475)
Here's the last I have for the Dream/Live Aqua mixed-use proposal on Clark (if that is in face the current proposal), which is maybe farther along than some might realize. Not saying it will happen (or on their announced timeline) but it also is/was not just some conceptual plan...
http://i58.tinypic.com/2hp3wy1.jpg

Is that 898'? I can't read the numbering on the diagram. Spyguy?? What's the number state?

ardecila Jun 28, 2015 6:21 PM

OK, now I know Conservatory Tower is a dream. Underground parking? No way Jose....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomguy34 (Post 7077504)

The pedestrian bridges already exist, but they are also included in the initial PD as a public benefit, it was a gift the developer agreed to in exchange for additional density at Dearborn Apartments. The city tends to honor old zoning requirements like this, no way the developer could get away with tearing them down and not replacing them.

That said, this was always a weird upper-level appendage of the Pedway network and not terribly well-used even in winter. There's not a great planning argument for keeping the bridges, although they might bring a handful of customers to the 2nd-floor retail in 203 N LaSalle.

bcp Jun 29, 2015 10:33 PM

not sure I saw this anywhere, or is this the "Dream" project in new form? from Curbed...82 stories in West Loop.

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2...Curbed+Chicago

SamInTheLoop Jun 30, 2015 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 7078247)
OK, now I know Conservatory Tower is a dream. Underground parking? No way Jose....

Yeah, this 'project' is not passing the sniff test for reality.......site needs to change hands in a true market arms-length transaction (really this time) before anything is going to be developed there (unfortunately).........don't get me wrong, as 'proposed' this seems like it would be a fantastic addition to the north end of the Loop.....

The 'announcement' or whatever it was recalls the huge f'up of Wanda Dalian in (was it?) 2013 with their premature press release - but importantly without both the stature/assets/track record of Wanda itself, as well as a very established and capable US development partner for its project.....

LouisVanDerWright Jul 1, 2015 4:40 PM

Heard through the grapevine that the article about the 82 floor Aqua #2 tower being in the West Loop was indeed incorrect. Conservatory Tower is the scheme that article was talking about and I guess the plan is still live.

marothisu Jul 1, 2015 5:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 7081597)
Heard through the grapevine that the article about the 82 floor Aqua #2 tower being in the West Loop was indeed incorrect. Conservatory Tower is the scheme that article was talking about and I guess the plan is still live.

So basically - Live Aqua hotel trying to go in at 201 N Clark yes?

LouisVanDerWright Jul 1, 2015 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marothisu (Post 7081672)
So basically - Live Aqua hotel trying to go in at 201 N Clark yes?

Yes, Live Aqua and Dream Hotels are both on board.

marothisu Jul 1, 2015 6:02 PM

According to LVDW, this might actually be a legit and possibly happening development.