SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   Spurs Reach Finals. San Antonio Celebrates. (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=132267)

TexasBoi Jun 13, 2007 3:46 AM

That game just took Cleveland's heart. San Antonio, enjoy your fourth NBA Title on Thursday night because the series will end that night.

starvinggryphon Jun 13, 2007 3:46 AM

All the commentators and all the city of Cleveland are delusional, but it don't matter. It's over. 4th championship is on the horizon. Dynasty baby, dynasty. Spurs lead 3-0.

sirkingwilliam Jun 13, 2007 5:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertex (Post 2893518)
If your going to be such an embarrassing homer, you should at least change your handle...

What team or fan cares about ratings? Isn't that for the advertisers and broadcast company CEO's? Seriously, the only fans that even care about ratings are the ones who use them to insult a team.

bresilhac Jun 13, 2007 5:46 AM

Dynastic rule
 
Congratulations Spurs on coming one step closer to your fourth Championship. Can anyone think of anyone challenging this awesome team next season for the Championship? It certainly won't be Dallas.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Complex01 Jun 13, 2007 3:12 PM

Wow, some game. GO SPURS GO, can someone get me a shirt, i looked every were in Houston, and everyone is like who, what, i guess i will just have to wait till i go back to SA, at the end of the month.


:cheers:

Trae Jun 13, 2007 3:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bresilhac (Post 2894048)
Congratulations Spurs on coming one step closer to your fourth Championship. Can anyone think of anyone challenging this awesome team next season for the Championship? It certainly won't be Dallas.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Houston Rockets. They are trying to get Rashad Lewis from Seattle. Could you image three damn good scorers on one team? With Bonzi Wells coming back, and a better head coach that JVG.

I honestly think the Spurs should have been there last year, but that foul on Dirk was bullshit. I think everyone in Texas hates Dallas.

BigBird9 Jun 13, 2007 3:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX602 (Post 2893338)
That's your opinion because it is so sadly far from the truth...

I don't think the Spurs suck, they are a beast of a team, but they receive special treatment by the league. That team is good enough to win championships without the help from the refs. It's a shame because it has hurt the Spurs reputation this year as well as the league as a whole...the tv ratings don't lie.

Not that I disagree with you about the ratings, your probably right. But where have you seen these low ratings? Not to mention, I doubt that the Spurs are losing sleep over ratings with 3 and soon to be 4 championships on their hands.

Trae Jun 13, 2007 4:07 PM

Yeah really. I wouldn't worry about ratings, though only 5.3 million people tuned in to Game 2. How many people have ABC again? The Sopranos got more with 12 million views, and HBO is in 30 million homes. SA being a small market, as well as Cleveland being a mid-sized market is the problem.

starvinggryphon Jun 13, 2007 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 2894586)
Houston Rockets. They are trying to get Rashad Lewis from Seattle. Could you image three damn good scorers on one team? With Bonzi Wells coming back, and a better head coach that JVG.

I honestly think the Spurs should have been there last year, but that foul on Dirk was bullshit. I think everyone in Texas hates Dallas.

I don't think we hate Dallas.....we hate that son of a bitch Mark Cuban!!!:hell:

Boquillas Jun 13, 2007 5:33 PM

I believe that game 1 still led prime-time in numbers, despite the low ratings. I would blame Stern for fixing it the last few years so that most games are on TNT or ESPN, rather than network tv. Basketball is disappearing from the national spotlight because games aren't on the national networks the way football or even baseball are. You could always count on seeing a Saturday or Sunday afternoon baseball game even if you don't have cable. For me, trying to see Spurs games in Montana without cable has been impossible. I barely get to see any basketball at all, and I love the sport. People just aren't reminded that it exists as often as they used to because of the lack of national network support, and it's becoming a niche sport like hockey or tennis. Large markets could drive ratings up a little higher, but the non-local fans aren't getting a chance to see teams other than their own as often, and so aren't tuning in for the playoffs anymore if their teams isn't represented. This unfamiliarity with other teams is also what has allowed "myths" and other misinformation about teams to propagate. Too many casual fans who don't actually "watch" teams are parroting sports pundit talking points (intended to be controversial to increase readership), rather than deciding for themselves whether, say, the Spurs are really "boring," or if LeBron is being unfairly compared to Jordan so early in his career. And true fans, who can see something worth watching in any playoff team, are the only people who tune in.

ArizonaTexan Jun 13, 2007 5:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertex (Post 2893518)
If your going to be such an embarrassing homer, you should at least change your handle...

Strong words...ha ha ha

TexasBoi Jun 13, 2007 7:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bresilhac (Post 2894048)
Congratulations Spurs on coming one step closer to your fourth Championship. Can anyone think of anyone challenging this awesome team next season for the Championship? It certainly won't be Dallas.

Go Spurs Go!!!

It certainly could be Dallas. Spurs fans themselves on many various basketball sport boards feel that the Spurs felt a sigh of relief seeing the Mavs out of the playoffs because they would give the Spurs fits. They would present a challenge even more than the Suns did because it's all about matchups. The Mavs matchup well with teams like the Spurs and Cavs. They do not, however, matchup with teams like the Suns well. The Mavs just ran into a buzzsaw against the Warriors. They simply choked and that's why they are making changes this offseason with I believe Terry being the one out the door.

TexasBoi Jun 13, 2007 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 2894586)
H
I honestly think the Spurs should have been there last year, but that foul on Dirk was bullshit. I think everyone in Texas hates Dallas.

What foul was bullshit? Manu committed it, and it was called. It should have been a foul. At the same time, there were bs calls in favor of the Mavs in games 3 and 4. The series was the West Finals last year. The Mavs should have won it all last year honestly. And do you think everyone likes Houston? You should have seen what San Antonio fans were saying about the Rockets on Spurstalk.com earlier this season.

Trae Jun 13, 2007 7:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasBoi (Post 2894990)
What foul was bullshit? Manu committed it, and it was called. It should have been a foul. At the same time, there were bs calls in favor of the Mavs in games 3 and 4. The series was the West Finals last year. The Mavs should have won it all last year honestly. And do you think everyone likes Houston? You should have seen what San Antonio fans were saying about the Rockets on Spurstalk.com earlier this season.


You should see us Rockets fans on Clutchfans...

PHX602 Jun 13, 2007 8:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBird9 (Post 2894598)
Not that I disagree with you about the ratings, your probably right. But where have you seen these low ratings? Not to mention, I doubt that the Spurs are losing sleep over ratings with 3 and soon to be 4 championships on their hands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

21bl0wed Jun 13, 2007 9:30 PM

All that matters is the spurs have more rings than dallas/suns/rockets combined and about to add one more..I dont see why people are talking shit. Don't talk about it be about it.

Double L Jun 13, 2007 9:56 PM

Well, the reason the ratings are so low for a national championship team is because the Spurs are so boring, but that will just fly over the head of these SayTownBoys.

ArizonaTexan Jun 13, 2007 10:00 PM

National championship? NBA teams play for world championships.

JACKinBeantown Jun 13, 2007 10:40 PM

N stands for National... as in 28 teams in the US and two in Canada. No world there.

And defense may look boring to those who don't understand it, but it wins championships. No rim-hanging necessary for a ring.

ArizonaTexan Jun 13, 2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinNYC (Post 2895463)
N stands for National... as in 28 teams in the US and two in Canada. No world there.

Will somebody else who knows about sports please try to explain "World Championship"...I'm exhausted.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.