SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO | 1603 Broadway | 20 Floors | 255 Feet | Proposed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=231698)

htowntransplant May 23, 2018 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiler (Post 8195198)
“San Antonio has had a decades-long history of building mediocre, mid-rise office buildings with a mediocre, mid-rise hotel next to it,” Neff said, noting that this will instead be a building that is “going to be admired by its neighbors.”


https://therivardreport.com/board-to...wer-go-for-it/

"The developer has purchased 23 acres for apartments, condos, single-family homes, restaurants, bars, retail, offices, parking, and greenspace across Broadway Street in the Government Hill neighborhood. This tower is “phase one” of GrayStreet’s larger plans for the area, French has said."

I cannot wait to see what else they have in store for that area. With the Broadway Complete Street improvements about to kick off, that area is going to be HOT!

21bl0wed Jun 27, 2018 5:41 AM

Oh so it’s 18 floors above ground 2 below parking. Title says 20 :shrug:

The ATX Jun 27, 2018 6:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21bl0wed (Post 8234272)
Oh so it’s 18 floors above ground 2 below parking. Title says 20 :shrug:

I changed it to 18 at one point. But SKW counts underground levels and it was changed to 20.

jaga185 Jun 27, 2018 1:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The ATX (Post 8234287)
I changed it to 18 at one point. But SKW counts underground levels and it was changed to 20.

The 260-foot-tall building will include two levels of underground parking, retail space on the ground floor, three more levels of parking above that, four floors of office space (about 130,000 square feet), two amenity floors (gym, pool, etc.), and nine floors of hotel (194 rooms). The 20th “floor” will be for mechanical equipment.

KevinFromTexas Jun 27, 2018 7:20 PM

Actually, the stacking plan shows 19 occupied floors above ground and a total height of 255 feet. I don't know where the other numbers are coming from.

I still haven't seen the elevations for this one.

sirkingwilliam Jun 27, 2018 9:06 PM

It’s 260 to the mechanical penthouse. The heights were listed in the most recent HDRC agenda.

KevinFromTexas Jun 27, 2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 8235129)
It’s 260 to the mechanical penthouse. The heights were listed in the most recent HDRC agenda.

Can you post the link to it? I can't find one that lists it as 260 feet.

sirkingwilliam Jun 27, 2018 11:41 PM

I just went back and looked. it is 255 ft to the top of the mechanical structure. Not sure why I remember it saying 260 ft.

KevinFromTexas Jun 28, 2018 12:04 AM

I don't remember, did this get final approval from city council? Stacking plans aren't the best source for building heights, so there's still a chance it might be 260 feet. Hopefully, the elevations will show up eventually.

JACKinBeantown Jul 3, 2018 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texboy (Post 8177935)
I feel as though this is the beginnings of a second skyline here, no? Obviously not the same size as say the Galleria in Houston, but akin to that. Pretty cool.

Jersey City

Daren Jul 4, 2018 7:08 PM

Beverly Hills Wilshire Blvd :shrug:

It could be better than wilshire blvd. More pedestrian friendly.

SAguy Oct 1, 2018 2:43 AM

Any word where this stands?

Dan In Real Life Oct 1, 2018 4:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAguy (Post 8331250)
Any word where this stands?

I was actually thinking about this project the other day myself. If I remember correctly from one of the articles that was posted they still have to go back to the HDRC for final approval. I thought they planned on doing that during the fall, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Has anyone else seen/heard any updates?

Txdev Oct 1, 2018 9:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life (Post 8331719)
I was actually thinking about this project the other day myself. If I remember correctly from one of the articles that was posted they still have to go back to the HDRC for final approval. I thought they planned on doing that during the fall, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Has anyone else seen/heard any updates?

I hear it’s moving forward. Of course there is a lot of architectural and engineering work done between conceptual approval and final approval, so it takes time.

Dan In Real Life Oct 1, 2018 9:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txdev (Post 8332131)
I hear it’s moving forward. Of course there is a lot of architectural and engineering work done between conceptual approval and final approval, so it takes time.

Thanks for the update. :tup:

babysal Oct 16, 2018 5:36 PM

Construction on GrayStreet’s Broadway tower estimated to begin Feb. 1
 
OCTOBER 15, 2018
BY BEN OLIVO
From the SA Heron

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Mqlg5LS.jpg[/IMG]


The 20-story hotel and office tower GrayStreet Partners is planning at 1603 Broadway will cost an estimated $97 million to build, and construction could start Feb. 1, according to documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

In the filing, the San Antonio developer estimates a completion date of March 1, 2021.

On May 21, the project’s modern design, which is unique for San Antonio, received a five-story variance from the Board of Adjustment, a requirement because the zoning for that area of Broadway limits building heights at 15 stories.

In early May, the Historic and Design Review Commission granted the project conceptual approval following concerns raised by commissioners in March.

GrayStreet and architecture firm Gensler are working toward final HDRC approval, Tomoko Iimura Alavi, the developer’s spokeswoman, said in an email.

“The project will be 20 stories, including an enclosed mechanical penthouse topping the building to house equipment,” Alavi said. “There will be below-grade parking as well. We are not yet at a point to comment on potential tenants or other details.”

Its presence at Broadway and Newell Avenue would serve as a sort of gateway to the Pearl/Midtown area for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians leaving downtown. A stone’s throw up Broadway, Pearl developer Silver Ventures is building a 10-story office tower that will become the headquarters of Credit Human, the former San Antonio Federal Credit Union. It’s expected to be completed in early 2020, Silver Ventures told the Heron for another article.

The GrayStreet project will include 11 stories of hotel rooms, four stories of Class A office space, four levels of parking (one below grade), and one level of retail.



https://saheron.com/construction-on-...o-begin-feb-1/

htowntransplant Oct 16, 2018 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babysal (Post 8347519)
OCTOBER 15, 2018
BY BEN OLIVO
From the SA Heron

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Mqlg5LS.jpg[/IMG]


The 20-story hotel and office tower GrayStreet Partners is planning at 1603 Broadway will cost an estimated $97 million to build, and construction could start Feb. 1, according to documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

In the filing, the San Antonio developer estimates a completion date of March 1, 2021.

On May 21, the project’s modern design, which is unique for San Antonio, received a five-story variance from the Board of Adjustment, a requirement because the zoning for that area of Broadway limits building heights at 15 stories.

In early May, the Historic and Design Review Commission granted the project conceptual approval following concerns raised by commissioners in March.

GrayStreet and architecture firm Gensler are working toward final HDRC approval, Tomoko Iimura Alavi, the developer’s spokeswoman, said in an email.

“The project will be 20 stories, including an enclosed mechanical penthouse topping the building to house equipment,” Alavi said. “There will be below-grade parking as well. We are not yet at a point to comment on potential tenants or other details.”

Its presence at Broadway and Newell Avenue would serve as a sort of gateway to the Pearl/Midtown area for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians leaving downtown. A stone’s throw up Broadway, Pearl developer Silver Ventures is building a 10-story office tower that will become the headquarters of Credit Human, the former San Antonio Federal Credit Union. It’s expected to be completed in early 2020, Silver Ventures told the Heron for another article.

The GrayStreet project will include 11 stories of hotel rooms, four stories of Class A office space, four levels of parking (one below grade), and one level of retail.



https://saheron.com/construction-on-...o-begin-feb-1/

Broadway is going to be lined with cranes, cranes, and more cranes...

texboy Oct 16, 2018 7:59 PM

A project like this was beyond needed and a fabulous extension of the Pearl District.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babysal (Post 8347519)
OCTOBER 15, 2018
BY BEN OLIVO
From the SA Heron

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Mqlg5LS.jpg[/IMG]


The 20-story hotel and office tower GrayStreet Partners is planning at 1603 Broadway will cost an estimated $97 million to build, and construction could start Feb. 1, according to documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

In the filing, the San Antonio developer estimates a completion date of March 1, 2021.

On May 21, the project’s modern design, which is unique for San Antonio, received a five-story variance from the Board of Adjustment, a requirement because the zoning for that area of Broadway limits building heights at 15 stories.

In early May, the Historic and Design Review Commission granted the project conceptual approval following concerns raised by commissioners in March.

GrayStreet and architecture firm Gensler are working toward final HDRC approval, Tomoko Iimura Alavi, the developer’s spokeswoman, said in an email.

“The project will be 20 stories, including an enclosed mechanical penthouse topping the building to house equipment,” Alavi said. “There will be below-grade parking as well. We are not yet at a point to comment on potential tenants or other details.”

Its presence at Broadway and Newell Avenue would serve as a sort of gateway to the Pearl/Midtown area for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians leaving downtown. A stone’s throw up Broadway, Pearl developer Silver Ventures is building a 10-story office tower that will become the headquarters of Credit Human, the former San Antonio Federal Credit Union. It’s expected to be completed in early 2020, Silver Ventures told the Heron for another article.

The GrayStreet project will include 11 stories of hotel rooms, four stories of Class A office space, four levels of parking (one below grade), and one level of retail.



https://saheron.com/construction-on-...o-begin-feb-1/


Dan In Real Life Oct 16, 2018 8:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texboy (Post 8347668)
A project like this was beyond needed and a fabulous extension of the Pearl District.

Agree 100%

UltraDanPrime Oct 17, 2018 1:12 AM

Also agree! This is really cool!


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.