SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Portland Film and Television (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165853)

Chicago3rd Jan 26, 2008 4:17 PM

Untraceable-Portland movie

It was an okay movie. But they did do Portland justice. You should have seen the audience react when they panned from looking at the Willamette river (river only) panned up and over Portland looking east including much of the east all the way to Mt. Hood. People pointed.

zilfondel Jan 27, 2008 2:00 AM

Paranoid Park. New Gus Van Sant movie - takes place in Portland, under the Burnside Bridge. I've seen the trailer, looks really cool... I think it previews in a week or two.

sopdx Jan 28, 2008 1:34 AM

We're wet and psychotic...no wonder we have such great booze.

Tim the Enchanter Jan 30, 2008 1:39 AM

I give the movie 6 out of 10.

It did do a better job with Portland then The Haunted did.

PacificNW Dec 8, 2008 5:18 AM

The Amazing Race

Portland, and vicinity, looked great on the season finale tonight...Downtown aerial views, Voodoo Donuts, the Pittock Mansion, Bridge of the Gods and the Portland Building got pretty good plugs for future tourists.....

pdxman Dec 8, 2008 7:38 AM

^^^Someone should have told the contestants that you can't hail taxis from the street in portland. Oh well! I guess thats part of the fun. The team that won was smart to go to a hotel for a cab though.

pdx77 Dec 8, 2008 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxman (Post 3960227)
^^^Someone should have told the contestants that you can't hail taxis from the street in portland. Oh well! I guess thats part of the fun. The team that won was smart to go to a hotel for a cab though.

It's too bad they didn't realize they could of saved some time and walked a few blocks north to catch a cab at greyhound or union station.

dkealoha Dec 8, 2008 6:22 PM

Yea I thought downtown looked really great! You could tell how clean the streets were too (compared to most cities). I thought it was odd that as soon as they were done at Bridge of the Gods there was a whole fleet of Broadway Cab Prius cars waiting for them. I have NEVER seen one of these fabled Prius Cabs downtown.

JDRCRASH Dec 8, 2008 6:43 PM

The copter views of Portland were incredible.

BTW, I hope Dallas ends up getting with Starr!

PacificNW Dec 8, 2008 6:50 PM

Where were Dallas and his mom at the finish line? Maybe they are still in Moscow since he left their passports and money in a cab.. :) Yeah, I thought Portland looked great. You guys notice the construction on the transit mall going on during the filming?

dkealoha Dec 8, 2008 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacificNW (Post 3960877)
Where were Dallas and his mom at the finish line? Maybe they are still in Moscow since he left their passports and money in a cab.. :) Yeah, I thought Portland looked great. You guys notice the construction on the transit mall going on during the filming?

Omg I totally didn't even notice they weren't there! Weird...

PacificNW Dec 8, 2008 7:44 PM

I just read the ArtsBeat section comments of the NY Times. Dallas, and his mom, were indeed in Moscow. Their passports didn't arrive in time for them to make the flight/finale in Portland. BTW, Nick is starring in an off Broadway production of "The Fantasticks". How is that for a little gossip on the forum? :)

alexjon Dec 8, 2008 7:50 PM

Quote:

Haha, yes! They also could have taken the 20, 2 of which passed by behind them. It would have taken about 10 minutes to get to the NW Barnes stop and 5 minutes more if they ran.

Taking the cab route up there is frigging stupid, especially since they kinda just stood out there waiting.

Tim the Enchanter Dec 8, 2008 9:24 PM

I was unaware the show was even here.

pdx77 Dec 8, 2008 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter (Post 3961185)
I was unaware the show was even here.

Yup, was here back in May

http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/ind...t_the_sou.html

Tim the Enchanter Dec 8, 2008 9:29 PM

Did the local CBS news people promote it at all on the day when the show aired?

rsbear Dec 9, 2008 12:10 AM

I watched it on the 'net at my desk during my "lunch". Great 'copter shots of downtown.

zilfondel Dec 9, 2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Really?? I do all the time... :haha:

zilfondel Dec 9, 2008 1:38 AM

For those of you who missed it...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...lay=true&cc=30

Joeplayer19 Dec 9, 2008 11:27 AM

the show requires you to take a cab no matter what i believe