SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   ATLANTA | Viewpoint | 501 FT / 153 M | 36 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107747)

john3eblover Jul 31, 2007 9:40 PM

man it's rising fast!

gttx Aug 1, 2007 12:25 AM

Nice updates. As this building gets taller, I'm beginning to see that I really don't like it. The glass on the tower portion is great, but instead of using the same glass on the parking podium, they put some other color, and then accented it with nasty green panels. It looks like the podium and tower are two different buildings, which I think is just ugly.

They had a great thing going with the smokey gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.

kamden99 Aug 2, 2007 2:45 PM

Luckily the base isn't finished yet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gttx (Post 2983205)
Nice updates. As this building gets taller, I'm beginning to see that I really don't like it. The glass on the tower portion is great, but instead of using the same glass on the parking podium, they put some other color, and then accented it with nasty green panels. It looks like the podium and tower are two different buildings, which I think is just ugly.

They had a great thing going with the smoky gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.

Luckily, the base isn't finished yet...as it looks right now, yes, it's hideous. But there's still a ways to go. I'll reserve my judgment for now.

Regarding some of the proposed retail, I heard mention of Urban Outfitters and Sur La Table as being 2 potential tenants. Obviously, Urban Outfitters makes a lot of sense...I think a Crate & Barrel would be nice!

Atlriser Aug 2, 2007 3:18 PM

I think it needs a Walgreen's there, really big 2 story with 2 pharmacies one on each floor. We don't have enough drugstores intown right now you know.....

maxx Aug 3, 2007 1:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gttx (Post 2983205)

They had a great thing going with the smokey gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.

The parking podium is horrendous in scale alone; the best thing they could do is bury that monstrosity but it's way too late for that. We'll see if they can work some magic and at least integrate it, but I for one am not holding my breath. Another Novare gem!: :slob:

STrek777 Aug 6, 2007 9:40 PM

Acording to the web-cam there is still about 9 floors to go before we hit 37. When do you suppose they are going to relocate the camera to another building or skooch the angle up some?

LoveAtlanta Aug 6, 2007 11:18 PM

how are sales going in this buiding? is it sold already or not?
how much is 2 bdr condo?

Terminus Aug 7, 2007 1:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxx (Post 2987819)
The parking podium is horrendous in scale alone; the best thing they could do is bury that monstrosity but it's way too late for that. We'll see if they can work some magic and at least integrate it, but I for one am not holding my breath. Another Novare gem!: :slob:

At $25-30k per space for underground versus $15k per space for deck, underground parking is not feasible. They should just build less deck spaces. Instead of 1 per bedroom, why not 1 per unit? Or better yet, sell the units and the parking separately (unbundled) so that people actually think about how much it costs to own a car. Unbundled parking typically reduces supply by 25% - even in areas without transit.

MattSal Aug 7, 2007 2:34 AM

This building is turning out great. Anyone got any new updates for us to savor.

RobMidtowner Aug 7, 2007 1:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminus (Post 2994568)
At $25-30k per space for underground versus $15k per space for deck, underground parking is not feasible. They should just build less deck spaces. Instead of 1 per bedroom, why not 1 per unit? Or better yet, sell the units and the parking separately (unbundled) so that people actually think about how much it costs to own a car. Unbundled parking typically reduces supply by 25% - even in areas without transit.

I know the last units to sell at Plaza Midtown were the two-bedroom units with one parking spot...I guess developers are staying away from this because they aren't selling. :shrug:

Trae Aug 9, 2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattSal (Post 2994712)
This building is turning out great. Anyone got any new updates for us to savor.

Looks like you can access this from your laptop now.

DoteDote Aug 11, 2007 3:54 AM

Friday Pic:
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9...081007sco1.jpg
Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL at 2007-08-10

atl2phx Aug 11, 2007 7:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoteDote (Post 3003614)

nice pics dotedote! if there's ONE thing i would like novare to do, it would be dropping the first 4 levels of parking underground ~ i understand the cost factor, however, minimizing the size of the parking podium by a few floors would really be worth the expense, IMO.

STrek777 Aug 13, 2007 4:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atl2phx (Post 3004599)
nice pics dotedote! if there's ONE thing i would like novare to do, it would be dropping the first 4 levels of parking underground ~ i understand the cost factor, however, minimizing the size of the parking podium by a few floors would really be worth the expense, IMO.

These pictures are going to come in handy in the next few weeks when the building becomes to tall for the current angle of the oxtube camera to show us anything. Very nice pic than you so much!

GThomas Aug 14, 2007 6:12 PM

I'm thinking that by the time the glass reaches the top of the webcam, they'll be topping this building out.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...point81407.jpg

STrek777 Aug 14, 2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GThomas (Post 3009668)
I'm thinking that by the time the glass reaches the top of the webcam, they'll be topping this building out.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...point81407.jpg

How is that possible when it is only at 28 floors now? You will only be able to barely see the supports of the 29th floor and the building is supposed to have 37 floors. They will have to reposition the web cam I just don't know when they will.

Does anyone have any information on this? :shrug:

GThomas Aug 15, 2007 2:31 AM

I mean that the glass has risen consistently around 6-7 floors below the newly formed floors. They are currently forming the 30th floor. Since there are 6 to go, by the time the glass reaches the top of the cam view, the building should about be topped out at 36.

I just meant it as a way to predict how close they were to topping out from the webcam by watching the glass rise.

STrek777 Aug 15, 2007 6:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GThomas (Post 3010653)
I mean that the glass has risen consistently around 6-7 floors below the newly formed floors. They are currently forming the 30th floor. Since there are 6 to go, by the time the glass reaches the top of the cam view, the building should about be topped out at 36.

I just meant it as a way to predict how close they were to topping out from the webcam by watching the glass rise.

ooooohhhhhh now I see says the blind guy to his deaf friend. :yes: Thank you for the clarification. :tup:

ian marshall Aug 19, 2007 12:10 AM

Viewpoint Condos

Hey guys!!!

So glad to finally be part of the site. I love this building....breathtaking architecture and an affordable price point as Atlanta condos go.Here is a special link I created for skyscraperpage.com readers. It is updated daily and is all the active homes that are currently selling at Viewpoint Condos....I hope y'all have a great weekend!........Keep up the great pics!

Ian Marshall

Here is the Link
http://ianmarshall.idxre.com/idx/hot...d=2671&hid=857

fourthirtysix Aug 23, 2007 3:32 PM

Prices

I did a basic price-inquiry call to Viewpoint Sales office recently, and received prices in the $400-500k range for mid-level 2BR/2BA units.

The units tended to be running around $325-$350 per square foot , although it obviously depends on what floor you're on.

Does anyone have any other pricing or square foot info, or price comparison information with other per square foot prices around midtown?

jdelver Sep 4, 2007 6:17 PM

A pic from the back on 9/1:

http://www.area950.com/bldgs/viewpoint.jpg

L.ARCH Sep 19, 2007 4:07 PM

Time for crown?

Is this the last floor? I'll have to admit the building has turned out better than I thought. Anyone know how sales have been lately?

JoLeMaMa Sep 21, 2007 4:20 AM

This sucker is almost complete!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Is there any word on the other 2 towers?

rjgbuilder Sep 21, 2007 9:35 AM

We just poured out 35 yesterday, Two more floors to go.
Next Towers starting soon.:cheers:

echinatl Sep 21, 2007 4:24 PM

:previous: Where will the next towers be located?

jfsatlbldr Sep 24, 2007 2:41 AM

Photo taken 9-23-07:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...b_edited-1.jpg

atlnative Sep 24, 2007 11:48 AM

When are they going to start the retail portion of the project?

rjgbuilder Sep 24, 2007 1:14 PM

We will start the retail space next week.:cheers:

MarketsWork Sep 24, 2007 1:23 PM

Will that include the (as yet unstarted) retail section that exends southward to the corner of the block?

ThrashATL Sep 24, 2007 1:49 PM

That is one Godawful fugly looking monstrosity. Sorry.

ATLksuGUY Sep 24, 2007 2:18 PM

your kidding right?

ThrashATL Sep 24, 2007 3:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLksuGUY (Post 3071543)
your kidding right?

No. The more I see it, the less it appeals. That big pedestal box of parking is extremely hideous. That tower screams "Miami Throwaway".

STrek777 Sep 24, 2007 4:26 PM

To each their own.

MarketsWork Sep 24, 2007 5:09 PM

Well, a few dozen more "fugly looking monstrosity" towers like this one should make everyone happy -- including those like me who like it and those like ThrashATL who don't. A skyline filled with such "hideous" "Miami Throwaway" buildings will better highlight the towers they actually like. Win-Win!

ryancramer Sep 24, 2007 9:47 PM

Riding my bike along the Freedom Park Path, this tower is doing great things for the skyline. From that vantage point (near the Carter Center) it has quite a nice presence -- it makes the whole skyline more cohesive. From that distance it actually looks quite a lot taller than it is too.

L.ARCH Sep 24, 2007 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryancramer (Post 3072311)
Riding my bike along the Freedom Park Path, this tower is doing great things for the skyline. From that vantage point (near the Carter Center) it has quite a nice presence -- it makes the whole skyline more cohesive. From that distance it actually looks quite a lot taller than it is too.

sounds like you should take your camera with you... :)

atl2phx Sep 24, 2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashATL (Post 3071588)
No. The more I see it, the less it appeals. That big pedestal box of parking is extremely hideous. That tower screams "Miami Throwaway".

by far, the feature that offends most is the parking pedestal. i've said it before, but i think novare should have taken on the cost of dropping parking at least two floors below peachtree grade - the difference would be quite noticeable, and worth the cost IMO. additionally, once retail flanks the south side of the project, the pedestal will be minimized.

overall, i think viewpoint is coming along nicely. as 'marketswork' so eloquently pointed out, this project provides a nice gap closing addition to midtown that everyone should be able to appreciate.

smArTaLlone Sep 25, 2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryancramer (Post 3072311)

I agree. And from some western "viewpoints" it appears as the tallest of a nice little cluster of buildings South of 10th.

rezmang Sep 25, 2007 1:11 AM

looks like they need to finish the current floor (35th), 1 more floor, then the roof and crown. This is the fastest construction I have seen in a while.

STrek777 Sep 27, 2007 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezmang (Post 3072770)
looks like they need to finish the current floor (35th), 1 more floor, then the roof and crown. This is the fastest construction I have seen in a while.

Though I would have love to seen this building at 40 floors a guess 37 will do. They are building the last full floor now. :( I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.

I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1. It would seem to make more sence to convert towers 2 and 3 into apartments for the time being. At least that would allow the developers to stay tru to the original asthetic of the design.

Thoughts?

ThrashATL Sep 27, 2007 7:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STrek777 (Post 3078614)
Though I would have love to seen this building at 40 floors a guess 37 will do. They are building the last full floor now. :( I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.

I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1. It would seem to make more sence to convert towers 2 and 3 into apartments for the time being. At least that would allow the developers to stay tru to the original asthetic of the design.

Thoughts?

I'd try and find a hotel for one of the towers and apartments for the last.

STrek777 Sep 27, 2007 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashATL (Post 3079069)
I'd try and find a hotel for one of the towers and apartments for the last.

I'd be ok with that too.

rezmang Sep 28, 2007 8:16 PM

Quote:

I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1.

Not sure I understand this... can you clarify your logic here..? I dont think any plans have been made for towers 2 and 3 and I wouldnt put much on seeing them get built. Who knows, maybe someone else can enlighten us here... :)

jdelver Oct 4, 2007 9:33 PM

Quote:

I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.

Hmm... something about the front of this tower reminds me of Backstreet.

http://www.area950.com/bldgs/viewpoint-backstreet.jpg

ThrashATL Oct 4, 2007 9:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdelver (Post 3093138)

:haha: Classic.

STrek777 Oct 5, 2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

:lmao: ROFL I never thought of this building this way... but now I do. I have got to show this to my friends they are going love it!

mayhem Oct 8, 2007 12:36 AM

One and a half more floors until it's topped out! It looked lovely today with the glass nearly to the top.

dallasbrink Oct 8, 2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Man, its just average
hahaha:haha:

L.ARCH Oct 9, 2007 6:59 PM

Are they currently pouring the ceiling of the last floor? Looks like it's about time for the wave...

MattSal Oct 11, 2007 3:51 PM

Taken 10-08-2007:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6926/pa080231xm3.jpg