SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   ATLANTA | Viewpoint | 501 FT / 153 M | 36 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=107747)

Buck May 9, 2007 2:10 PM

It's going to create a neat wall effect when driving down Peachtree in between two very long buildings across the street from each other at about the same height.

whiplash3825 May 10, 2007 4:47 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if they've decided to leave the concrete raw instead of painting it. They're already installing the glass, so you'd think they'd paint the structure (if they were going to) before they do that.

ATLksuGUY May 11, 2007 1:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 2823767)
It's going to create a neat wall effect when driving down Peachtree in between two very long buildings across the street from each other at about the same height.

Yea i agree. I was sayin in another thread, I think it will look like a gateway. Definitely cooooool

ATLssMania May 11, 2007 1:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiplash3825 (Post 2826499)
I'm beginning to wonder if they've decided to leave the concrete raw instead of painting it. They're already installing the glass, so you'd think they'd paint the structure (if they were going to) before they do that.

Unfortunately, it looks like they are leaving the concrete as is...unpainted. Buildings with a small amount of concrete look ok unpainted, but this one really doesn't seem to work.

I noticed they are painting Gallery when I drove by today. They had all the windows covered with plastic. This project is looking better and better everyday.

A-town May 11, 2007 2:42 AM

I pray to God they don't paint it, I think leaving it unpainted will add nice contrast to the existing towers.

sabino86 May 11, 2007 4:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 2823767)
It's going to create a neat wall effect when driving down Peachtree in between two very long buildings across the street from each other at about the same height.

Add all the other buildings proposed/under construction in this area, I'll bet this stretch of Peachtree will be a canyon inside 10-15 years. :D

whiplash3825 May 11, 2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabino86 (Post 2828101)
Add all the other buildings proposed/under construction in this area, I'll bet this stretch of Peachtree will be a canyon inside 10-15 years. :D

I'm amazed how dense Midtown already appears when driving north up Peachtree from the CBD! Just the addition of 1180, Spire and Metropolis seemed to add so much depth... think what another three or four towers will do!

gttx May 11, 2007 9:08 PM

They've started putting in the glass. Check it out on the webcam or if you walk by there.

jfsatlbldr May 24, 2007 1:54 AM

Recent shots from 5-20-07
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...5-20-07041.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...5-20-07053.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...5-20-07055.jpg

atl2phx May 24, 2007 2:58 AM

nice shots joe -- viewpoint is coming along nicely.

gtchris82 May 24, 2007 3:39 AM

Additional Pictures - May 23
 
These pictures are taken from the apt bldg behind CVS.
http://www.neophite.com/remote_img/IMG_0433_small.jpg

http://www.neophite.com/remote_img/IMG_0434_small.jpg

http://www.neophite.com/remote_img/IMG_0435_small.jpg
Notice that the reflection in the glass comes from Spire.

Trae May 24, 2007 4:14 AM

Great photos.

smArTaLlone May 24, 2007 1:15 PM

Nice pics!

I noticed yesterday that the north side of the parking deck is already being framed for the glass enclosures. :tup:

sabino86 May 25, 2007 9:34 PM

5/25/07

I'm not as good as Joe is ;) , but what the hell...

The tower itself:
http://photos-663.ak.facebook.com/ph...73663_7709.jpg

And the retail block (complete with suburban Starbucks):
http://photos-664.ak.facebook.com/ph...73664_7951.jpg

UVAsuperman May 26, 2007 4:32 PM

I took some pictures of Viewpoint from the Spire, but my attempt at posting was unsuccessful. What's the best way to post pictures? I put them on
www.pbase.com
...

gttx May 26, 2007 4:54 PM

I use Photobucket - it's easy to upload pictures, and you can just copy the image tag and paste it into your post for the pictures to show up. If it's just a link to a picture, use [img] [\img] around it to get it to show up.

UVAsuperman May 26, 2007 9:08 PM

Thanks, gttx--finally figured it out. So, here are some pictures of Viewpoint from the Spire (18th [my] floor, 21st floor, and 28th [top] floor):

18
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewpoint002.jpg

21
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewpoint005.jpg

28
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewpoint006.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewpoint007.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewpoint003.jpg

And for all of you Spire haters... Remember, if you live there it isn't in your view. Plus, your view could be this:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...rman/me004.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...an/OurView.jpg

gttx May 26, 2007 9:11 PM

My gosh....I thought that FDA building was ugly from the street level. Look at it from above!

UVAsuperman May 26, 2007 9:17 PM

Yeah, it's hidious, but the rest of the view rocks, and the immediate foreground isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'd welcome something to replace the FDA and its crazy rooftop chillers and equipment even it blocked some view of the 14th corridor.

jmcgoblue May 27, 2007 12:46 PM

:previous: Yep, your view is great! It's gonna be even better once the 12th & midtown & Trump projects go up

UVAsuperman May 27, 2007 4:12 PM

Not to mention Trump, Mandarin, MetLife at 17th, the Symphony center (at 15th or 14th)... All of these will fill in holes from this view.

whiplash3825 May 28, 2007 4:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smArTaLlone (Post 2855089)
I noticed yesterday that the north side of the parking deck is already being framed for the glass enclosures. :tup:

Has anyone besides me wondered how they completely enclose a parking garage without having a buildup of deadly fumes? Do they just have a super-duper ventilation system?

SteveD May 28, 2007 2:04 PM

:previous: Yep! that's precisely what they do!:tup:

LoveAtlanta May 28, 2007 2:20 PM

i have guys question for you: what you think is viewpoint better or 12 centennial park. for me 12 CP looks much better and have hotel within so its more sexy to live in than viewpoint.

SteveD May 28, 2007 3:58 PM

:previous: I think, if you aren't using the hotel amenities at 12CP, room/housekeeping services, the two are likely to be quite similar. The real question is, would you prefer to live in Midtown or Downtown? Only you can answer that question for yourself.

whiplash3825 May 29, 2007 1:39 AM

By my estimate, the completion of this floor will put it at half it's final height, including the wavy top that looks to be the equavalent of about two stories. Sure would be all the sweeter with about ten more floors, but it's turning out nicely nonetheless. I can't wait to see them extend the retail portion out to the side street! (that's 7th right?)

gttx May 29, 2007 2:57 AM

6th

MidtownMile May 29, 2007 4:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gttx (Post 2864065)
6th

technically it's both. The retail front will run from 6th across the front of the building then cut back. The starbucks will stay. It's on the 7th side, "completing" ViewPoint's 6th to 7th block.

Terminus May 30, 2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiplash3825 (Post 2862393)
Has anyone besides me wondered how they completely enclose a parking garage without having a buildup of deadly fumes? Do they just have a super-duper ventilation system?

If less than 50% of the wall area of a deck is open, then ventillation is required.

sabino86 Jun 11, 2007 7:00 PM

Any word on the other two towers yet?

mayhem Jun 11, 2007 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabino86 (Post 2890399)
Any word on the other two towers yet?

Let them finish the phase I first ;)

JoLeMaMa Jun 23, 2007 4:05 PM

36 stories correct? I'm guessing 10-12 more stories before being topped out?

mayhem Jun 24, 2007 6:44 AM

Yes it is 36 stories. They're pouring the 24th floor now, so 12 to go.

It looks like the top of the 36 floor will be level with the top of Spire's spire. A few more floors would have really done wonders for the skyline.

MidtownMile Jun 24, 2007 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayhem (Post 2915611)
Yes it is 36 stories. They're pouring the 24th floor now, so 12 to go.

It looks like the top of the 36 floor will be level with the top of Spire's spire. A few more floors would have really done wonders for the skyline.

True, although I think the scale will make it interact with Spire much more intelligently with this height. It will make a nice gateway that has an almost artistic appearance IMHO. Plus, with two additional (potential) towers, that may have been overkill. I will be interested to see how Phases II and III go forward, if at all.

mayhem Jun 25, 2007 1:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidtownMile (Post 2915880)
True, although I think the scale will make it interact with Spire much more intelligently with this height. It will make a nice gateway that has an almost artistic appearance IMHO. Plus, with two additional (potential) towers, that may have been overkill. I will be interested to see how Phases II and III go forward, if at all.

Yes that is a good point. Overall I am pleased with Viewpoint and really hope the other Phases come online soon, if at all.

GThomas Jun 27, 2007 9:59 PM

Photo Update (6/27/07)
 
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/7-2.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/6-2.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/5-2.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/4-2.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/3-3.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/twurkt/2-3.jpg

atl2phx Jun 27, 2007 10:24 PM

great update pics. this one has been moving up quickly.

Terminus Jun 29, 2007 10:36 PM

This might be related to Viewpoint.

I've heard that Starbucks is looking at building a new store on West Peachtree at 7th, where Acapulco was. Evidently it's going to be a pretty nice street-fronting store.

Does anyone think this could be a replacement location for the site at Peachtree and 7th? Or would two blocks away constitute a different market?

mayhem Jun 29, 2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminus (Post 2926390)
This might be related to Viewpoint.

I've heard that Starbucks is looking at building a new store on West Peachtree at 7th, where Acapulco was. Evidently it's going to be a pretty nice street-fronting store.

Does anyone think this could be a replacement location for the site at Peachtree and 7th? Or would two blocks away constitute a different market?

Sounds like it to me. With the Starbucks @ Centergy that would be a bit of overkill. I would gladly welcome some redevelopment of that Acapulco site. I had heard a restaurant / club was going in there called H20 but I haven't seen or heard from the guy who said that was going down in a few months.

leefa Jul 4, 2007 1:21 PM

Retail
 
Does anyone know what retail will be going in Viewpoint? completion date?

atlantaguy Jul 4, 2007 1:47 PM

No retail announcements yet, not sure about completion but I think it's Spring '08 for phase 1..

Robin22 Jul 6, 2007 11:28 AM

There is a panel on front of Viewpoint which says retail will be available Summer '08. Also I walked by the back of Viewpoint yesterday - most of the floors (up to 21 or 22) are numbered. Based on that numbering it looks like they are on floor 24 or 25 currently.

mnl Jul 7, 2007 2:27 AM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1304/...e47efa7795.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1414/...d1f47b9ac6.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/...b77fd72c9d.jpg

NYC2ATX Jul 7, 2007 4:52 AM

that looks like snow in that first pic mnl. talk about freak weather. :rolleyes:

JoLeMaMa Jul 18, 2007 12:53 AM

looks like they are currently on the 28th floor. 6 more to go!!!

sabino86 Jul 19, 2007 3:01 AM

Lookin' sharp! :cheers:

whiplash3825 Jul 19, 2007 3:13 AM

Actually, if it's going to be exactly like the model, there's 10 floors left plus the two-story top.

DeliaC Jul 19, 2007 9:44 PM

I heard recently that McCray's and Loca Luna are slated to close their doors in August of 2007 in preparation for Phase II. I may have to move now that McCray's will be gone.

smArTaLlone Jul 20, 2007 2:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliaC (Post 2961215)
I heard recently that McCray's and Loca Luna are slated to close their doors in August of 2007 in preparation for Phase II. I may have to move now that McCray's will be gone.

Actually its not in preparation for phase II but for the buildout of the retail portion along 6th street.

mayhem Jul 31, 2007 8:30 PM

Photo's taken today - July 31st 2007.

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_1.jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_2.jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_3.jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...nt_073107_4jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_5.jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_6.jpg

http://www.shadowlawrecordings.com/d...t_073107_7.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.