SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   [SA] Lowe's, JC Penney, Circuit City, movie theater planned for the Southeast side (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142473)

sirkingwilliam Dec 7, 2007 5:03 PM

[SA] Lowe's, JC Penney, Circuit City, movie theater planned for the Southeast side

elmariachi Dec 7, 2007 5:46 PM

I'm glad the southside is finally getting some good stores. I wonder how much longer until a barnes and noble is built down there.

verbl Dec 7, 2007 5:51 PM

not bad at all.

jaga185 Dec 7, 2007 6:52 PM

Awesome!

Complex01 Dec 7, 2007 11:31 PM

Very nice they need to finish working on Goliad on that part. They also need to start working on the Military and 37 interchange, the current clove leaf set up is horrid. Nice to see more development.

Yes were is the borders or Barnes and Noble...

:yes:

sirkingwilliam Dec 8, 2007 12:24 AM

I believe a bookstore is going in at the 400,000 square foot City-Base West at Military Dr and New Braunfels which is just half a mile or so west of all the retail at Goliad and Military Dr seen above.

jaga185 Aug 13, 2008 1:32 AM

I love how I posted in this, and I don't even remember it.

BigBird9 Aug 13, 2008 3:22 AM

Very cool. Typical suburban stuff, but I guess it's in an established area. Not to mention, none of that stuff (that i remember of) was anywhere near that part of town when I lived in SA in the early 2000's.

Glad to see the South side getting some new development. :tup:

sirkingwilliam Aug 13, 2008 3:33 AM

Aside from the HEB, Valero and Hollywood Video none of that was there in 2004.

Even the little shopping center with the Gold's Gym and Big Lots! was completely shuttered. No tenants.

Actually, that Walgreens was an old Burger King but in 2006 they sold their site to Walgreens and built a new Burger King, as seen, across Military Drive from their old site.

Also not shown is City Base West, a 400,000 square foot retail center at Military Dr. and New Braunfels Ave. About half a mile west.

oldmanshirt Aug 13, 2008 3:43 AM

Verano/TAMUSA sites aren't too far from here, and Floresville has been the unknown boomtown of the SA metro for most of this decade (Wilson county in general has been growing at a very healthy rate). Add to that the expansion of the Riverwalk and Stinson, and I predict big things for the Southeast side in the coming years.

Trae Aug 13, 2008 6:36 AM

14 screens is too small nowadays for theaters I think. Around 18 on up is ideal. Especially when big movies are out (like Dark Knight these past few weeks for example).

sirkingwilliam Aug 13, 2008 1:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 3732177)
14 screens is too small nowadays for theaters I think. Around 18 on up is ideal. Especially when big movies are out (like Dark Knight these past few weeks for example).

You couldn't get anymore random than that.

Trae Aug 13, 2008 1:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3732440)
You couldn't get anymore random than that.

Oh come on, it wasn't that random. I was looking at the site plans and just thought of it.

sirkingwilliam Aug 13, 2008 5:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 3732443)
Oh come on, it wasn't that random. I was looking at the site plans and just thought of it.

It was random as there was no prior discussion to the movie theater or screen count.

sirkingwilliam Aug 13, 2008 5:42 PM

I'm not trying to make an issue out of it. Just commenting on how random and out of nowhere the post was.

miaht82 Aug 22, 2008 10:27 PM

I believe I saw a sign outside at the closest corner to Military, next to southern entrance of Sonic. Not too much else going on at the land there, no clearing or anything, but the signage near the road made me question what was really going on. Who is the developer at this location?

Edit: Just found this link and answered my own question.
Says in the article construction is slated for August 2008.... I'll keep an eye out to see dirt turn.

sirkingwilliam Aug 23, 2008 1:14 AM

Whatever construction is to happen can't begin until the building lease for the trucking company ends. That's the site of the Lowe's and that building will be torn down but can't until the lease ends.

It probably ends soon.

Trae Aug 23, 2008 10:35 PM

How far is Brooks from this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3733030)
It was random as there was no prior discussion to the movie theater or screen count.

Would it have been random if I was saying something on store size? What's the difference?

sirkingwilliam Aug 24, 2008 1:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 3754647)
How far is Brooks from this?

Across the street.

Quote:

Would it have been random if I was saying something on store size? What's the difference?
Trae, get over it.

Trae Aug 24, 2008 2:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3754865)
Across the street.

Oh.

Quote:

Trae, get over it.
I did. My comment disappeared so I put it back.