SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Saskatoon | Highpoint - Condo | 62M | 17F | Proposed (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=238443)

YXE Dec 14, 2019 8:45 PM

The article mentions that the project is slated to be done by October of 2022. Wouldn’t that indicate that shovels should be in the ground sometime this spring?

Ricopedra Dec 16, 2019 5:04 PM

I really love the A3 'entry level' unit, but I'd like to blow out the bedroom wall and make it a studio. Next up would be the C1 unit with the awesome wide balcony split between two bedrooms both overlooking the river. Anyway, I saw a 1.4million house in the burbs and I saw the comparatively-priced unit in this building, and for me, I'd take the Highpoint condo. Even with the monthly maintenance fee, you're coming out on top. Haha. And you've got the riverbank as your yard, and Broadway as your (strip)mall!

prairieguy Jan 6, 2020 3:33 PM

I was on real estate site Point2homes for Saskatoon and specifically Nutana neighborhood and saw there are a number of units up for what I assume is "re-sale" for Highpoint already. I guess a number of the original buyers bought on spec with re-sale their intent.

Still no idea how sales for that project have gone, but hoping strong enough to see action on the site this spring.

canuck10 Jan 6, 2020 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieguy (Post 8791621)
I was on real estate site Point2homes for Saskatoon and specifically Nutana neighborhood and saw there are a number of units up for what I assume is "re-sale" for Highpoint already. I guess a number of the original buyers bought on spec with re-sale their intent.

Still no idea how sales for that project have gone, but hoping strong enough to see action on the site this spring.

I doubt that those are resale. Those are just a sample of units the developer has available for sale. They are all listed with the Boyes Group who is acting as the developer's agent. It's just another way to market Highpoint.

roryn1 Jan 6, 2020 5:39 PM

I was talking to someone selling units last week - apparently they're selling as good as river landing sold - just not as crazy as the insane bite the first time where it's a weekend sell out, but less backing out of their deposits after a few months. Construction is all on track for this year as is planned.

Echoes Jan 6, 2020 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck10 (Post 8791740)
I doubt that those are resale. Those are just a sample of units the developer has available for sale. They are all listed with the Boyes Group who is acting as the developer's agent. It's just another way to market Highpoint.

I can also add that I have a friend who picked up a unit and in the purchase agreement there are restrictions on re-sale of your unit prior to possession.

prairieguy Jan 6, 2020 5:59 PM

thanks for insight all. Good to hear sales are progressing well.
I would say Escala is selling very well, too which speaks volumes to the pent up demand for new build condo's in core areas.

Are you listening North Prairie????

roryn1 Jan 6, 2020 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieguy (Post 8791828)
thanks for insight all. Good to hear sales are progressing well.
I would say Escala is selling very well, too which speaks volumes to the pent up demand for new build condo's in core areas.

Are you listening North Prairie????

I'd love to see some more vancouver developers with deeper pockets than North Prairie like John Lefevre take a stab on the prairies. I'm surprised a Calgary or Edmonton developer hasn't dabbled here yet.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.