SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   NEW YORK | SNCI NYC Tower | 950 FT / 290 M | 57 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192859)

Dac150 Jul 31, 2011 4:13 PM

I still wouldn't bank on this being a real proposal. Something might come out of this that doesn't exactly refelct the renders being released right now.

RobertWalpole Jul 31, 2011 5:18 PM

http://www.solus4.com/uploads/projec...ide_nologo.jpg

NYguy Aug 1, 2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWalpole (Post 5364653)
The gas station is on the south corner of Canal. Also, while the renderings seem to have some discrepancies, this is clearly on West Street (not Greenwich), as evidenced by the medians on West Street.

http://www.arthitectural.com/wp-cont...il-640x854.jpg

That would explain the big, fat BofA and its spire, and awkward orientation...;)

RobertWalpole Aug 1, 2011 11:49 AM

As others have suggested, that might depict Liebeskind's tower. Goldman Sachs is clearly diected. Also, BofA's roof doesn't slope east-west, it slopes north-south.

NYguy Aug 1, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWalpole (Post 5365387)
As others have suggested, that might depict Liebeskind's tower. Goldman Sachs is clearly diected. Also, BofA's roof doesn't slope east-west, it slopes north-south.

I don't know what it's trying to "depict", but it's clearly the BofA. Any current proposal would have just used the Freedom Tower anyway. I know that we have sometimes had a rendering come out before details of an actual proposal - not often - but even here I don't feel that's the case. All of the renderings just depict the tower on the New York cityscape.

STERNyc Aug 1, 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWalpole (Post 5365387)

Its West Street. On the right side is the actual view, you can see Goldman Sachs as well as Battery Park residential highrises. On the left side it is clearly 43rd Street from Vanderbilt Avenue - I see the same view everyday. You can clearly see 330 Madison Avenue, 500 Fifth Avenue, the Grace Building, then BOFA, and then a little bit of the advertising screens above Conde Nast.

animatedmartian Aug 1, 2011 3:04 PM

So wait, why would they photoshop two different areas of Manhattan? It seems a bit much just to make the view more interesting. Unless they're purposely being vague about where it could be built.

scalziand Aug 1, 2011 3:34 PM

It's not the first time that renderings for a (serious?) project have been suspect. 56 Leonard had similarly confusing renders.

RobertWalpole Aug 1, 2011 7:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STERNyc (Post 5365402)
Its West Street. On the right side is the actual view, you can see Goldman Sachs as well as Battery Park residential highrises. On the left side it is clearly 43rd Street from Vanderbilt Avenue - I see the same view everyday. You can clearly see 330 Madison Avenue, 500 Fifth Avenue, the Grace Building, then BOFA, and then a little bit of the advertising screens above Conde Nast.

Are you referring to this photo? If so, this view of midtown seems about correct from this height at this location.

http://www.arthitectural.com/wp-cont...il-640x733.jpg

NYguy Aug 1, 2011 11:17 PM

Let's face it, the renderings are not the most accurate. If this was a more serious proposal, I think they would try to get the details such as views from the tower more accurate. Front of the class if you can see what's wrong with this one.

I think this will be moved to "visionary" until or if it becomes an actual proposal by an actual developer.

STERNyc Aug 1, 2011 11:21 PM

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6461/42ndstreet.jpg

scalziand Aug 2, 2011 1:50 AM

No construction permits have been posted for the ex-gas station lot since the underground tanks were removed and the site fenced off.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Pr...et?bin=1085940

svittori Aug 7, 2011 5:46 PM

SNCI Tower NYC

Thank you all for your interest in our SNCI Tower. In most cases you are all right. Our project is a concept that was particular designed for the small site where the gas station currently sits. The developer did not move on so we at www.solus4.com and Tangram 3DS decided to take the concept further and also visualize the concept and to produce stunning renderings. Our intent is to find and get a potential developer excited about our new vertical neighborhood project. The tower shown in all exterior renderings is on the exact location and is correct in regards of size, location and orientation and should also be be close in the night ground shot. The night ground shot however is a photo montage where we manipulated the photo but put in the river side and park on the right side. This might explain the confusion about the other towers in that image. Again, that image is only to simulate how the tower will look from the ground perspective. To show the right site context in that view and image, was secondary. We used the artistic liberty to show the tower at night and from the ground.
The interior shots however are meant for "marketing images" where Tangram 3DS as the cg artists took the liberty to use night shots of NYC to use as the background. The orientation of the building is therefore not exact.
I hope that helps to clarify some concerns and gives you answers to your questions. I will keep you all updated on the future of our project.
Thanks
Stefan Vittori

Mike K. Aug 29, 2011 4:00 PM

Thanks for the update, Stefan.

RobertWalpole Aug 29, 2011 4:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svittori (Post 5371746)
Thank you all for your interest in our SNCI Tower. In most cases you are all right. Our project is a concept that was particular designed for the small site where the gas station currently sits....Thanks
Stefan Vittori

I knew this was the site of the gas station. You can tell from the surrounding buildings.

CoolCzech Aug 19, 2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svittori (Post 5371746)
Thank you all for your interest in our SNCI Tower. In most cases you are all right. Our project is a concept that was particular designed for the small site where the gas station currently sits. The developer did not move on so we at www.solus4.com and Tangram 3DS decided to take the concept further and also visualize the concept and to produce stunning renderings. Our intent is to find and get a potential developer excited about our new vertical neighborhood project. The tower shown in all exterior renderings is on the exact location and is correct in regards of size, location and orientation and should also be be close in the night ground shot. The night ground shot however is a photo montage where we manipulated the photo but put in the river side and park on the right side. This might explain the confusion about the other towers in that image. Again, that image is only to simulate how the tower will look from the ground perspective. To show the right site context in that view and image, was secondary. We used the artistic liberty to show the tower at night and from the ground.
The interior shots however are meant for "marketing images" where Tangram 3DS as the cg artists took the liberty to use night shots of NYC to use as the background. The orientation of the building is therefore not exact.
I hope that helps to clarify some concerns and gives you answers to your questions. I will keep you all updated on the future of our project.
Thanks
Stefan Vittori

Ain't it about time for an update, Stefan?

scalziand Aug 26, 2015 5:11 AM

A 9 story new building permit was renewed earlier this year.