SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Western Expresso (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188202)

Only The Lonely.. Jan 23, 2011 7:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdog (Post 5136145)
The Wheat Board.... Get it?

I like it!

rypinion Jan 23, 2011 9:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. (Post 5136685)
I like it!

I also like Wheat Board.

Bdog Jan 23, 2011 10:01 PM

^Add it to the poll 1ajs lol

1ajs Jan 24, 2011 5:42 AM

looks to be Western Expresso will be the name of this thread. poll closes at 4am

vid Jan 24, 2011 12:51 PM

It looks like people actually participating want it to be called Wheat Board, but 1ajs is a cruel master.

We should have a second poll with only the top five results, since nothing has anywhere near a majority on that poll.

RTD Jan 24, 2011 1:39 PM

Western Expresso it is.

Nuff Said

The Jabroni Jan 24, 2011 1:53 PM

Well, democracy prevails! Western Espresso it is.

Although, if it's not too late for a compromise, how about...

"Western Espresso Wheat Board"?

It has that quirky urban sound, with the obvious inside joke, yet, rural feel to the name. Eh? Eh?

:deal:

EDIT: Never mind. Upon clicking this topic, the thread still read as "Coffee House." However, once I went out to the topic list, the name changed to the prevailing name.

Oh well. :shrug:

h0twired Jan 24, 2011 2:41 PM

What is "expresso"?

sledhead35 Jan 24, 2011 3:31 PM

damnit, i thought this was a thread about a new express bus route.:jester:

Jerry Jan 24, 2011 4:06 PM

Wow I am so happy to see that through democratic process my suggestion was picked for the thread name.

I must say it really warms my heart to see how well it's being accepted. :haha:

Bdog Jan 24, 2011 4:15 PM

^ And yet, I can't tell whether the typo on Espresso was deliberate or not... :haha:

Jerry Jan 24, 2011 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdog (Post 5137474)
^ And yet, I can't tell whether the typo on Espresso was deliberate or not... :haha:

Pick the answer that pleases you most from below.

1.A bit of creative license may have been used in creating the name. :cool:

2.Now you don't think I would admit to a typo do you. Of course not my ego wouldn't allow it. :haha:

1ajs Jan 24, 2011 7:05 PM

muhahahahaa

1ajs Jan 27, 2011 6:06 AM

Video Link

Crisis Jan 27, 2011 7:01 PM

Seems like there are likely many on this forum that are too young to remember the "Western Express" lottery back in the 70s & 80s (it really doesn't seem that long ago). While trying to find out how long ago this lottery ceased to exist, I came across this little tidbit about Don Wittman from Wikipedia:
Quote:

During the late 1970s–early 1980s, Wittman hosted Western Express, a half-hour weekly program broadcast in Western Canada which consisted of lottery ticket drawings for the lottery of the same name. The format of the series included Wittman co-hosting with media and community personalities from towns and cities across the region and conducting interviews in-between ticket drawings. (Western Express later changed its name to The Western and converted to a scrach-card lottery format).

Ruckus Jan 28, 2011 12:13 AM

Televised bingo is a weird concept. I'm recalling our 90s local weather man making a few appearances.

Okay, I didn't want to derail the stadium thread so here we are...

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 5142218)
In general, comment sections on newspaper sites don't typically consist of the smartest or rational people. No one should pay attention to them.

I've thought this before as well. You can certainly say the same of the web in general. The good stuff is hard to find.

Forums can be nice though.

vid Jan 28, 2011 12:39 AM

We have televised bingo here to support the handi-transit system. The guy on it has absolutely no enthusiasm.

Jerry Jan 28, 2011 1:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus (Post 5142406)
Televised bingo is a weird concept. I'm recalling our 90s local weather man making a few appearances.

Hey wasn't that Kingo Bingo with Greg Barnsley on CFQC Sat. nights ?? :eeekk:

Ruckus Jan 28, 2011 1:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 5142488)
Hey wasn't that Kingo Bingo with Greg Barnsley on CFQC Sat. nights ?? :eeekk:

Broadcasted from 20th Street's Lucky Horseshoe Bingo! Can't put a face to that name. I was thinking of Brad Grass. Also fortunate enough to have driven around the city in a yellow GTO convertible during the summer (what a sweet gig!).

Ruckus Jan 28, 2011 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid (Post 5142456)
We have televised bingo here to support the handi-transit system. The guy on it has absolutely no enthusiasm.

So do people play along at home? Or is it like watching poker on TSN? (also kind of odd...i dunno)

That's alarming to hear the handi-transit system is funded through bingos. Does the government not agree that it is an essential service?