SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   ATLANTA | The Mansion on Peachtree | 580 FT / 177 M | 52 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101345)

SteveD Mar 23, 2006 3:13 AM

another great image from you...is that slender perpendicular white form at the corner of the site on Peachtree a rendering of the building on the site perimeter fencing? I'll have to drive by and take a look...

jfsatlbldr Mar 23, 2006 3:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveD
another great image from you...is that slender perpendicular white form at the corner of the site on Peachtree a rendering of the building on the site perimeter fencing? I'll have to drive by and take a look...

You are correct.

atl2phx Mar 23, 2006 4:28 AM

great pics! you really should contribute to emporis.

scania Mar 23, 2006 7:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsatlbldr

How in the HELL do you get such AWESOME pics!!!!!!:tup:

trvlr70 Mar 23, 2006 3:03 PM

If the hotel is half as luxurious and elegant as the Dallas original, then the Ritz-Calton Buckhead and Four Seasons are going to be knocked out of the top spot for best Atlanta hotel.

The building reminds me of several Chicago post modern highrises in Rivernorth.

427MM Mar 23, 2006 3:32 PM

Is there a more recent rendering? I ask because in the rendering I’m only counting around 42 stories and I’m incredulous that they are putting 8 levels of underground parking. My fiancée and I will be coming through Atlanta in December and I can’t wait to see this tower. What a beauty!

ATLmangum Mar 23, 2006 6:54 PM

I think I remeber both The Mansion and Aqua being announced at the same time and now both brokeground within weeks, if not days of each other. Pretty cool, considering they are from different developers.

CHAPINM1 Mar 24, 2006 11:44 PM

One thing I don't understand is that some people say that this building will be 42 floors, 50 floors, or 52 floors. I'm assuming that it will be 8 floors of underground parking, and 42 floors above ground. Does that sound right?

Either Emporis or Skyscraperpage don't have their sources right.

ThrashATL Mar 25, 2006 2:22 AM

What should be really nice about this project when finished is that something like this will HAVE to have some lavish lighting. Some hot white halogen spots on that crown, strategic spotlights on the setbacks & corners. I'd love to see a night time rendering of this thing, it's probably going to shine.

john3eblover Mar 25, 2006 2:55 AM

like a beacon in the night...you'll be able to see that thing for miles and miles i bet

CHAPINM1 Mar 25, 2006 3:08 AM

This building (expecially the top) will look a lot like Liberty Tower In LA. The top will look exactly the same pretty much when lit up at night. All it's missing is the helapad...:D

scania Mar 27, 2006 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john3eblover
like a beacon in the night...you'll be able to see that thing for miles and miles i bet

Has anything been said about if there is going to be any kind of lights on the building, and is there a night rendering?

smArTaLlone Apr 15, 2006 3:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
One thing I don't understand is that some people say that this building will be 42 floors, 50 floors, or 52 floors. I'm assuming that it will be 8 floors of underground parking, and 42 floors above ground. Does that sound right?

Either Emporis or Skyscraperpage don't have their sources right.

I swear every time I read something about this building its a different height. I've read 42 floors, 50 floors, 52floors, 58 floors, 580', 686'. The developer says it'll be 200 ft taller than anything in Buckhead which would make it around 680 ft. 580' sounds about right for an all residential 50+ story building but I don't know how it can reach 686'.

CHAPINM1 Apr 15, 2006 5:02 PM

I'd say 686 feet sounds right, they said that it will be 13 feet in between floors, so I'd say that if it were 42 floors and 580 feet, that would sound right. Also, they will have the crown on top so that might be about 50 feet of non usable space. These are gonna be really expensive places and high ceilings are expected, I know I'd want a ceiling at least 10 feet in my place if I were paying millions of dollars for it.

Hoodrat Apr 16, 2006 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
This building (expecially the top) will look a lot like Liberty Tower In LA. The top will look exactly the same pretty much when lit up at night. All it's missing is the helapad...:D

It's LIBRARY Tower

CHAPINM1 Apr 16, 2006 3:01 AM

Thanks, that's what I meant... ;) Anyway I bet this tower will have a very similar look to LA's tallest.

mayhem Apr 27, 2006 7:07 AM

Any updates?

Snickers52 Apr 28, 2006 12:52 PM

I must say the info about this building makes no sense. On their own site main page they refer to it as a 42 story building, yet elsewhere on their website it's clearly shown as having 58 stories of occupied space. They even show what the views will be like from the 58th floor.

Very confusing.

john3eblover Apr 28, 2006 5:22 PM

I guess we'll see won't we?

ATLBlaxican Apr 29, 2006 3:47 AM

I thought it says 42 Tower Residence I'm looking at the site right no and nowhere do I see 42 stories, can you show me where? But I do agree that we'll have to wait and see.