SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Rider Nation 2010 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144719)

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF (Post 3350294)
Sounds like Winnipeg.

Considering Winnipeg is home to more corporate head offices than Ottawa and Edmonton it is obvious you know absolutely nothing about Winnipeg.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/118/dsc3645xt7.jpg

On this intersection alone you have the largest multimedia company in Canada.. the third largest telecom in Canada... the Western district head office of the Royal Bank.. Richardson and Sons Inc which is a massive corp made up of grain, property, oil and investment broakerage, as well as the commodity exchange...ect ect ect... please keep your lack of knowledge to yourself. :haha:

CCF Feb 13, 2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350309)
Richardson and Sons Inc which is a massive corp made up of grain

Agricore...oh wait....

At the end of the day Winnipeg is still a have-not city in a have-not province.

ReginaGuy Feb 13, 2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350269)
Even your map shows that Albert and Vic ave is the busiest intersection in downtown. It also shows Albert abd Vic are the busiest streets in town. Go figure.

The map clearly shows that Albert and Vic is not the busiest intersection in town. I don't even know how else to respond to your claim. Did you not even look at the map? I'm confused.

For instance, look at the intersection of Sask and Albert.. Every side of that intersection has heavier traffic than the intersection of Albert and Vic, so I don't possibly see how you came to the conclusion that the map shows the later as the busiest

Infact, if you look at the 4 main intersections downtown (Albert+vic, albert+sask, sask+broad, broad+vic), Albert+Vic has the lowest combined AADT

Perhaps you're so high on your own rhetoric that you can't even manage to look at simple numbers without twisting them in your head?:shrug:

Like I said, I'm confused

BrannyMuffin Feb 13, 2008 12:45 AM

Why everyone in Winnipeg is so concerned about how busy that intersection is, is beyond me. I will say that you can't see Victoria or Albert from that picture. Vic and Albert is the junction of two highways so, yeah, there is a lot of traffic. Is it the busiest? Clearly, it isn't. The section of Vic from Truesdale to Ring is much busier. (I could have told you that before even looking at the map.)

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 1:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF (Post 3350344)
Agricore...oh wait....

At the end of the day Winnipeg is still a have-not city in a have-not province.

It must be great to be so excited by such small successes. Agricore was not one of the larger companies at that intersection. Since then CN has moved into the area and have absorbed twice as much space as Agricore used.

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 1:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 3350378)
Why everyone in Winnipeg is so concerned about how busy that intersection is, is beyond me. I will say that you can't see Victoria or Albert from that picture. Vic and Albert is the junction of two highways so, yeah, there is a lot of traffic. Is it the busiest? Clearly, it isn't. The section of Vic from Truesdale to Ring is much busier. (I could have told you that before even looking at the map.)

It must be all the people driving through Regin on there way to Winnipeg. :banana:

BrannyMuffin Feb 13, 2008 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350458)
It must be all the people driving through Regin on there way to Winnipeg. :banana:

Sure. How do they get to Winnipeg from Truesdale?

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 3350559)
Sure. How do they get to Winnipeg from Truesdale?

I was refering to Vic Ave .... straight through. My favorite sign in Regina is the BIG green sign on Victoria which indicates that I am on my way to Winnipeg. A great sign. :yes:

JayM Feb 13, 2008 2:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350604)
I was refering to Vic Ave .... straight through. My favorite sign in Regina is the BIG green sign on Victoria which indicates that I am on my way to Winnipeg. A great sign. :yes:

my favorite ep. of the Simpsons, they come to Saskatchewan and picked up health cards, and head their merry way to Winnipeg to get free prescribed drugs. when they enter Winnipeg, the sign says, Winnipeg, we were born here whats your excuse. lol

Markus41 Feb 13, 2008 2:34 AM

Wow. This thread is a great way to show the rest of Canada how immature people from Saskatchewan and Manitoba really are.

"I'm better than you"
"No I'm better than you"

STFU and grow up; all of you :rolleyes:

CCF Feb 13, 2008 2:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350604)

Winnipeg is so awesome that you choose not to live there.

Markus41 Feb 13, 2008 3:03 AM

From what I've seen here, newflyer and CCF are the biggest troublemakers. Just a bunch of juvenile children.

CCF is doing nothing but make Reginians look like fools, and newflyer is doing the same thing for Winnipeggers, and HE DOESN'T EVEN LIVE IN WINNIPEG.

Just plain sad.

Migs Feb 13, 2008 3:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350286)
Scarth Steet??? Thats not busy at all... :haha: :haha: :haha: Probibly one of the least busy streets in downtown Regina.

Who said it was the busiest??? Since you had such a problem with Katz waving the Riders flag on Vic and Albert I suggested it should've taken place at one of the most aesthtically beautiful downtown intersections in all of Canada (Vic and Scarth what with the Hotel Sask, Victoria Park, SaskPower Building and Scarth St Strip) in each corner.

Greco Roman Feb 13, 2008 3:28 AM

Keep this level of conversation up and this thread will be locked up very soon.

Migs Feb 13, 2008 3:30 AM

Beautiful Regina......come one come all!!!:cheers:

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...67882&view=all

Ruckus Feb 13, 2008 3:45 AM

Ahem, if I may...

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9158/p2120465xv6.jpg

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 4:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migs (Post 3350756)
Who said it was the busiest??? Since you had such a problem with Katz waving the Riders flag on Vic and Albert I suggested it should've taken place at one of the most aesthtically beautiful downtown intersections in all of Canada (Vic and Scarth what with the Hotel Sask, Victoria Park, SaskPower Building and Scarth St Strip) in each corner.

I'll agree with you there.. the area around Victoria Park is attractive. I always enjoyed that park surrounded by some very nice buildings. Hotel Sask is one of my favorites.

newflyer Feb 13, 2008 4:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greco Roman (Post 3350769)
Keep this level of conversation up and this thread will be locked up very soon.

Hey if you can't have some fun ribbing between prairie neighbours.. we are talkin one of the biggest football rivalries in Canada.. and its getting bigger every year.

I know Regina is a very nice place..

CCF Feb 13, 2008 4:09 AM

I like Winnipeg. I wish Winnipeg all the best. I'm just having some fun.

Greco Roman Feb 13, 2008 4:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 3350864)
Hey if you can't have some fun ribbing between prairie neighbours.. we are talkin one of the biggest football rivalries in Canada.. and its getting bigger every year.

I know Regina is a very nice place..

Yeah, but then the "ribbing" just got down right nasty, and when things get like that, it takes away from the "fun" of the conversation. I kind of think that some crossed the line here, on both sides. It's just my opinion though...........