SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Manitoba & Saskatchewan member count (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127429)

Only The Lonely.. Mar 16, 2007 2:24 AM

Manitoba & Saskatchewan member count

I couldn't help myself, I have a real fetish when it comes to polls.

I'm curious to know what the makeup is of this new forum. How many of you are from Sask vs Manitoba?

1ajs Mar 16, 2007 2:25 AM

wtf... they do to the forums

anyhow manitoba here :D

Only The Lonely.. Mar 16, 2007 2:27 AM

My own guess is that Manitoban's make up the easy majority.

hexrae Mar 16, 2007 2:30 AM

'Toban here

yorktonite Mar 16, 2007 2:32 AM

I'm going to estimate maybe 10-15 current Saskatchewan members.

Greco Roman Mar 16, 2007 2:54 AM

Legally, I am still a Manitoban. :)

Only The Lonely.. Mar 16, 2007 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertaboy (Post 2693272)
Legally, I am still a Manitoban. :)

Are you one of those guys that still uses your Manitoba address to save on car insurance?

Greco Roman Mar 16, 2007 3:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. (Post 2693288)
Are you one of those guys that still uses your Manitoba address to save on car insurance?

Among other things; out-of-province students do have some perks after all :cool:

viperred88 Mar 16, 2007 3:08 AM

Manitoban here.

bomberguy Mar 16, 2007 3:24 AM

Manitoba.

Dalreg Mar 16, 2007 11:41 AM

Born and raised in Saskatchewan. Though currently living and working in Australia. Good to see they split up the Western forums. Gives Sask. and Man. more room to express ourselves.

The Jabroni Mar 16, 2007 1:57 PM

Wow, multiple name changes? First, this whole forum was "Prarie Provinces." Then it was "Man & Sask." Now it's Midwestern Canada? Since when we were considered "Midwestern?"

Anyways...

'TOBA! 'TOBA! 'TOBA!

vid Mar 16, 2007 4:13 PM

Geographically speaking, we are an extension of the midwest (NWO and SE Man) and the plains (SW Man, SoSask and SE Alberta)

SoSask!

I'll vote Manitoba, I feel like one more than an Ontarian.

Only The Lonely.. Mar 16, 2007 7:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid (Post 2694405)
Geographically speaking, we are an extension of the midwest (NWO and SE Man) and the plains (SW Man, SoSask and SE Alberta)

SoSask!

I'll vote Manitoba, I feel like one more than an Ontarian.

Sorry I didn't include NW Ontario at the time, I wasn't sure where you guys belonged. How many other NW Ontario members are there anyways?

Only The Lonely.. Mar 16, 2007 7:49 PM

However I think we are definitely Midwestern.

The U.S Midwest includes Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota.

I think a similiar parallel can be seen in NW Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.

I think its a good fit.

vid Mar 16, 2007 7:58 PM

DannyD is the only other Thunder Bayer here I know of (There is an east indian guy from here that posts on SSC, I don't know if he's active any more though?) but just the two of us are so overshadowed in Ontario, whats the point? Being in Manitoba makes us a little more relevant.

IntotheWest Mar 17, 2007 6:30 AM

Visiting. Of course, Born and raised in the Peg...so, despite leaving there 9 years ago, its still "home" (most of my family still lives there)...definitely have an interest in what's happening across the prairies (and NW Ontario).

Andy6 Mar 17, 2007 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. (Post 2695073)
However I think we are definitely Midwestern.

The U.S Midwest includes Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota.

I think a similiar parallel can be seen in NW Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.

I think its a good fit.

North Dakota is not in the Midwest -- at least not that I've ever heard. The Midwest is Ohio, Michigan and places like that. North Dakota is a Great Plains state. If Canada joined the U.S., Ontario would be a Midwestern state, not Manitoba.

HomeInMyShoes Mar 17, 2007 2:10 PM

Actually, ND is part of the midwest in some defintions. According to Wikipedia and some other sources I browsed at least parts of it are included in the definition. There is lots of debate on the subject on which states fall in South and which ones are actually West. For skyscraperpage, ND and SD seem to be MidWest. All the Fargo and Bismark stuff ends up there.

From is a pretty vague concept. Originally, yes so I voted that even though It's been five or six years since I lived in Canada/Midwestern, but I still care a lot about the stuff going on.

Andy6 Mar 17, 2007 2:17 PM

Well, ND is a pretty johnny-come-lately part of the Midwest then. Midwesterners are people who come from Cleveland or Terre Haute or Springfield, Ill. Stretching that out to Fargo or Minot or Mount Rushmore seems a little farfetched.