SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Western Expresso (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188202)

1ajs Jan 21, 2011 11:53 PM

its a man sask thread get it right :cool:

Ruckus Jan 22, 2011 12:43 AM

How about Coffee Row? We can praise and complain about the rest of Canada :D

1ajs Jan 22, 2011 1:10 AM

pm it plzz

Jerry Jan 22, 2011 1:20 AM

Hey cool a coffee shop and it's looking for a name. :cool:

Off the top of my head >>> Western Expresso :dancingeggplant

vid Jan 22, 2011 1:29 AM

How about "kawfie hous"? :)

Only The Lonely.. Jan 22, 2011 1:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexrae (Post 5134681)
At least the thread wasn't named "bath house". :D

Sweet, my uncle used to take me for swimming lessons at a place that was probably a bath house.

I was 24 the first time I took to the water.

Incidentally, that's where he taught me how to kiss.

hexrae Jan 22, 2011 3:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. (Post 5135273)
Sweet, my uncle used to take me for swimming lessons at a place that was probably a bath house.

:uhh:
:tup:

dsim249 Jan 22, 2011 4:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. (Post 5135273)

That's not awkward at all...

Winnipegger Jan 22, 2011 6:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinguni (Post 5134838)
Opposite (Transit to Polo Park). A little under 6km by the most direct route (Osborne, Broadway, Portage), a little over if I walk down Wellington Cres. I typically take the direct route though. The walking is easier and if I'm running a little late for some reason I can hop a bus part way.

I have a split that's typically an hour and a half (usually late pulling in on the first run) and it sure beats sitting around. Only doing it for 2 more weeks though, then on the an early evening straight run, which means my dogs will get walked more often!

I like the idea of 2 3.5km walks though. Easier at one, less time in the elements. Hope to move back closer to downtown this year or next. Half hour walk from work would be ideal.

Holy cow. I walked to University every day and I thought that was bad. Guess I have the good life compared to you!:worship:

Bdog Jan 22, 2011 7:16 AM

Local Lounge

Kinguni Jan 22, 2011 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnipegger (Post 5135508)
Holy cow. I walked to University every day and I thought that was bad. Guess I have the good life compared to you!:worship:

And I have seniority!

Boreal Jan 22, 2011 8:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdog (Post 5135543)
Local Lounge

I miss Liquid Lounge.

1ajs Jan 22, 2011 10:46 AM

so only 1 pm ?

hexrae Jan 22, 2011 3:31 PM

If it's MB & SK, then something with "Prairie" could be appropriate.

Prairie: Lounge, Hall, Room, etc...

thefourthtower Jan 22, 2011 4:23 PM

Contest aims to find out why people love living in Regina By TAYLOR SHIRE, Leader-Post January 21, 2011 Comments (6)
•Story•Photos ( 1 )
The Regina Regional Opportunities Commission (RROC) is putting on a contest to find out why people love living in Regina.Photograph by: Bryan Schlosser, Leader-Post filesREGINA — Why do you live in Regina?

The Regina Regional Opportunities Commission (RROC) is putting on a contest to find the answer to that question.

"We wanted to just hear why people love living in Regina," said Heather Saylor with the RROC.

The RROC wants to promote Regina and show other people that the city has a lot to offer.

Saylor said they have only received three entries, and she is hoping more people will enter.

"If the community doesn't want to do this," she said, "then well, maybe we need to rethink another way to engage them and share our story with the rest of the world."

But Saylor said she has received some good feedback from people who have responded. She said the biggest thing people mention is the quality of life, the amount of volunteerism, and the friendliness of people.

And for the most part, people out and about on Friday morning agreed.

"It's my home city and I love it," said Mary Ann Thompson. "It's small, people are friendly and you can get anywhere in a matter of minutes. This is my favourite place to be."

"It's a nice community," added Geeta Brahmania, who has been here for 24 years. "My work is here, my family is here, (and) schooling is good for my kids."

"The people in Regina are so friendly," said Claudette Masse, who just moved to Regina a year ago with her husband. "Coming from a big city like Calgary, it wasn't as personable as being here. As soon as we moved in, the neighbours were there to welcome us and it's just something you don't have in the great big city."

"I've enjoyed it here," added Ken Dorsch, who has been here for 40 years. "I don't mind going on holidays some place else, but I'm always anxious to come back here."

The contest is slated to close on Jan. 31, but the RROC may extend it. Prizes will be awarded to the best submissions.

To enter, email a written testimonial, or send photos or videos to communications@reginaroc.com. To view entries, visit www.reginaroc.com.

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/Contest+ai...#ixzz1BmXEmpnL

Crisis Jan 22, 2011 9:46 PM

So, the idea is this will be an Off Topic thread? If so, that's a good thing, because the so-called "Construction" threads seem to venture into discussions of modern society on a pretty regular basis.

I'd love this to become a more appropriate place for animated discussions of the evils of automobiles and accusations of elitist social engineering. Also, it would be nice for this thread to have a little more latitude for some trash-talking than in the other ones. I, for one, was rather shocked at the locking of the Regina Multi-Purpose Facility thread and am happy to have gotten my single contribution into that discussion pre-lock.

Here's to some enjoyable times at the coffee house (or whatever name is decided for this establishment). Cheers!!!:cheers:

1ajs Jan 23, 2011 12:02 AM

6hrs remember to pm me the sujestions

Bdog Jan 23, 2011 12:16 AM

The Wheat Board.... Get it?

vid Jan 23, 2011 8:34 AM

If the Conservatives will be remembered for attack ads, will the Liberals be remembered for copying the Conservatives?

mthq Jan 23, 2011 9:44 AM

I recommend koffee haus