SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | 1855 Rose Street | 74M | 16F | On-Hold (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196862)

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 12, 2014 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 6403790)
I'm completly used to Thefourthtower's incoherent and off-topic posts, but this one is by far, the best one yet! lol :koko:

Completely agree! Lol

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 12, 2014 9:20 PM

I am getting quite impatient for the 16th to come. Do we know of any other projects rumoured? When is the Regina International airport expansion going to be announced?

thefourthtower Jan 12, 2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 5537184)

I have no idea where that came from maybe we can call it 18.55 rose street , it appeared from the link explaining the towers height weird

SkydivePilot Jan 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 6403874)
I am getting quite impatient for the 16th to come. Do we know of any other projects rumoured? When is the Regina International airport expansion going to be announced?

The airport will have an expansion plan finalized by late 2016; ribbon cutting in 2021.

I'll find out more within the near future.

thefourthtower Jan 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 6403874)

I think the announcement will be no big deal . All the hype for nothing

Stormer Jan 13, 2014 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 6404465)

Haven't we already resolved that it is about the Globe Theatre?

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 13, 2014 6:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourthtower (Post 6404465)

It will actually be a big thing, as it will announce their brand new theatre. Anything in regards to construction of Arts and Culture projects is a huge thing for the community, and especially our downtown.

thefourthtower Jan 13, 2014 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 6404768)
It will actually be a big thing, as it will announce their brand new theatre. Anything in regards to construction of Arts and Culture projects is a huge thing for the community, and especially our downtown.

I hope I will be wrong, let the drum roll

Festivus Jan 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 6404768)

Unless it's going to be in Coopertown or Harbour Landing or something. That would suck.

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 13, 2014 9:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 6404846)
Unless it's going to be in Coopertown or Harbour Landing or something. That would suck.

It will be downtown.

Buss1234 Aug 24, 2015 3:40 AM

Brandt Place

What is the status of the 16 Floor Office Buliding on Rose Street? Is this still happening?

BrutallyDishonest2 Aug 24, 2015 3:52 AM

No. It's dead, dead, dead.

It was 100% contingent on SGI, which was cancelled. The only possibility is that SGI might try for funding after the election, but the current economic climate makes it unlikely.

Buss1234 Aug 24, 2015 2:19 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Are there any new skyscrapers/ major projects that you foresee Happening in the next couple of years in downtown Regina ?

BrutallyDishonest2 Aug 25, 2015 1:55 AM

None whatsoever. Vacancy is very high and there are no new large tenants moving or expanding. Brandt is all talk.

Until there is a sizable tenant again nothing will happen. It is important to remember that before the recent boom there was around 15 years of virtually no office market activity in Regina.

Stormer Aug 25, 2015 2:49 AM

Well there is the Namerind mixed-use, twin tower proposal at Lorne and 11th, but it is primarily low income housing.

BrutallyDishonest2 Aug 25, 2015 3:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7141153)
Well there is the Namerind mixed-use, twin tower proposal at Lorne and 11th, but it is primarily low income housing.

I'd be surprised if they built the whole thing, let alone the office component.

HomeInMyShoes Aug 25, 2015 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7141092)
None whatsoever. Vacancy is very high and there are no new large tenants moving or expanding. Brandt is all talk.

Until there is a sizable tenant again nothing will happen. It is important to remember that before the recent boom there was around 15 years of virtually no office market activity in Regina.

We also have the impending provincial election and spending restrains that will put a halt to any moves within the provincial government for office space (i.e. SGI.) Going to be a quiet year. Hoping for another residential tower to pop up south of Victoria somewhere. Otherwise we'll be stuck talking strip malls and power center garbage for a while. :haha:

Stormer Aug 25, 2015 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes (Post 7141482)
We also have the impending provincial election and spending restrains that will put a halt to any moves within the provincial government for office space (i.e. SGI.) Going to be a quiet year. Hoping for another residential tower to pop up south of Victoria somewhere. Otherwise we'll be stuck talking strip malls and power center garbage for a while. :haha:

I would think a major hotel is unlikely until the economy straightens out.

HomeInMyShoes Aug 25, 2015 2:49 PM

^Agreed. I'm really surprised the one on Parliament/Albert is starting up again.

SkydivePilot Aug 25, 2015 3:50 PM

During the winter of '06-07, the SGI building, at that time, already required $75-million-worth of renos. Eventually, that'll need to be addressed.