SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Buildings & Architecture (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   NEW YORK | 3 WTC - 175 Greenwich St. | 1,079 FT | 80 FLOORS (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=235550)

NYguy Aug 28, 2018 1:14 AM

NEW YORK | 3 WTC - 175 Greenwich St. | 1,079 FT | 80 FLOORS
 
After years of delay, countless bickering over when and if this tower should be built, the prospect of building only the base, the birth of the Hudson Yards, and the rebirth of Midtown East,
the rebuilding of the World Trade Center has reached another milestone.

The completion of 3 WTC restores another chunk of that office space lost on 9/11, and shows that Downtown will continue to be one of the hearts of this great city.

Well done Silverstein Properties. The job of rebuilding is not complete, but we are getting there.



Some photos taken of and around 3 WTC over the last couple of weeks...



1.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...c081418_2b.JPG


2.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...c081418_8b.JPG


3.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...c081418_9b.JPG


4.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_14b.JPG


5.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_15b.JPG


6.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_16b.JPG


7.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_20b.JPG


8.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_21b.JPG


9.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_23b.JPG


10.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_24b.JPG


11.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_26b.JPG


12.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_27b.JPG


13.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_32b.JPG


14.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_34b.JPG


15.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_49b.JPG


16.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_60b.JPG


17.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_66b.JPG


18.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...081418_69b.JPG


19.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...082518_24b.JPG


20.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...082518_28b.JPG


21.
http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...082518_30b.JPG


22.

http://a4.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/1/...082518_32b.JPG

jayden Aug 28, 2018 4:33 PM

Turned out to be a great building imo.

Now on to 2WTC to wrap things up! :)

winlinmac001 Aug 28, 2018 6:15 PM

We wrap things up after 2WTC, 5WTC, and Performing Arts Center are complete ;):cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayden (Post 8296488)
Turned out to be a great building imo.

Now on to 2WTC to wrap things up! :)


spidey7312 Aug 28, 2018 8:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winlinmac001 (Post 8296638)
We wrap things up after 2WTC, 5WTC, and Performing Arts Center are complete ;):cheers:

Is the Performing Arts Center still even planned? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time (though that's partially my fault because I don't keep myself up to date on NYC projects).

Back to the main topic, I wish that the crown and spires had not been removed from the design, but otherwise 3WTC is a good-looking building and a nice companion to 1WTC.

Zerton Aug 28, 2018 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidey7312 (Post 8296798)
Is the Performing Arts Center still even planned? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time (though that's partially my fault because I don't keep myself up to date on NYC projects).

Back to the main topic, I wish that the crown and spires had not been removed from the design, but otherwise 3WTC is a good-looking building and a nice companion to 1WTC.

Not many updates lately; I have't heard anything new all year. REX Architects did design a building.

Here's the SSP thread: https://www.skyscraperpage.com/forum...=196755&page=4

Zerton Aug 28, 2018 8:22 PM

I spoke too soon. Looks like construction has already started on the Performing Arts Center! NY YIMBY published this 8 hours ago:

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/08/con...de-center.html

ArtDecoRevival Sep 9, 2018 9:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 8295918)

I'm thrilled WTC 3 is done, but boy that's some unfortunate "street art." Do I really have to say what the orange and yellow "tadpoles" remind me of? :uhh:

JMKeynes Sep 11, 2018 12:25 PM

https://newyorkyimby.com/2018/09/lar...nder-more.html

winlinmac001 Sep 11, 2018 2:54 PM

They need to stop beating around the bushes (especially with silly artwork) and build Norman Foster's Plan and get over it. Its like a bunch preschoolers fist-fighting on the basketball court. It's really got to stop. The only way to attract interest is to issue incentives to potential tenants, especially lead-tenants, which also include and not limited to green energy initiatives (tax-deductible) and lower rent per square foot cost. No one is ever going to pay an erroneous amount amidst knowing the site's previous history.

After that, the Port Authority needs to act on the former site of the Deutsche Bank Building as well.

It should still rightfully be called the World Trade Center. Its not just for monetary trade, but a trade of fresh ideas and a new beginning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival (Post 8308214)
I'm thrilled WTC 3 is done, but boy that's some unfortunate "street art." Do I really have to say what the orange and yellow "tadpoles" remind me of? :uhh:


ArtDecoRevival Sep 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winlinmac001 (Post 8310382)
They need to stop beating around the bushes (especially with silly artwork) and build Norman Foster's Plan and get over it. Its like a bunch preschoolers fist-fighting on the basketball court. It's really got to stop. The only way to attract interest is to issue incentives to potential tenants, especially lead-tenants, which also include and not limited to green energy initiatives (tax-deductible) and lower rent per square foot cost. No one is ever going to pay an erroneous amount amidst knowing the site's previous history.

After that, the Port Authority needs to act on the former site of the Deutsche Bank Building as well.

It should still rightfully be called the World Trade Center. Its not just for monetary trade, but a trade of fresh ideas and a new beginning.

Fosters > BIG

Building BIG would be a BIG mistake!

NYguy Oct 1, 2018 3:07 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXOOiLA...aken-by=le0ooz

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram...NDQ1OA%3D%3D.2




https://www.instagram.com/p/BnuIrClB...-by=newyork.fd

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram...NDM4Mw%3D%3D.2

jayden Oct 1, 2018 3:11 PM

Hopefully we can get some pics of the offices soon.

joedrinkscoca Oct 3, 2018 4:35 AM

Some architectural images from New York
 
https://imgur.com/gallery/0VDSmpH

Credit: Spotworks

Enigmatism415 Jan 2, 2019 11:31 PM

It looks like the Church Street sidewalks have been fully restored for the first time in a little over a decade. I haven't walked completely across since 2007 or so when the first temporary PATH terminal was still up. The only things remaining for 3WTC are one little patch of tile and temporary equipment storage on the north side, and the southwest mall entrance.

AudiDriver Jan 3, 2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival (Post 8308214)
I'm thrilled WTC 3 is done, but boy that's some unfortunate "street art." Do I really have to say what the orange and yellow "tadpoles" remind me of? :uhh:

LOL. Guess your tadpole idea hits my head. Anyways, this place is great. And nice shot of this!

NYguy Jan 17, 2019 1:19 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsrXKC4n0s-/

https://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram...MjQ2Mg%3D%3D.2

Enigmatism415 Jan 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Does anyone have an idea of what those two things are within the circle?

https://i.imgur.com/HMzGBui.png

NYguy Jan 29, 2019 2:15 AM

George Buckingham

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7814/3...026b4183_h.jpg

Enigmatism415 Feb 6, 2019 11:04 PM

Does anyone know whether the connection between 3WTC's lobby and the mall concourse has opened yet?

Enigmatism415 Jun 18, 2019 5:49 AM

A new look at Westfield World Trade Center's 3WTC portion currently under construction:

https://youtu.be/mm025XXby-4


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.