SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   new highrise condo possibly on sonterra blvd (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125141)

matttwentyeight Feb 6, 2007 11:07 PM

new highrise condo possibly on sonterra blvd

this is what i got off of the the city's zoning agenda for the 20th of february

Z2007017 517

C2

1910 East Sonterra Boulevard

Kaufman and Associates, Inc.

From "C-3" ERZD General Commercial Edwards Recharge
Zone District and "C-3" S ERZD General Commercial Edwards
Recharge Zone District with Specific Use Permit for an Animal
Clinic, Automobile Parts Sales Facility, Building Specialties,
Retail Facility, Paint and Wallpaper Store with retail and
wholesale sales, Print Shop, and Blueprinting/Photostatting Facility
to "MF-50" ERZD Multi Family Edwards Recharge Zone District.

To allow development of a high rise condominum

David Clear 207-3074

METALMiKE Feb 7, 2007 12:35 AM

Interesting.:)

Nice find matt

matttwentyeight Feb 7, 2007 7:18 AM

thanks metal!!! i try and do as much research i can when at work waiting for calls to show houses. it is a prime oportunity for me to see what the heck in going on with all these different orojects going on around town. i called the case rep for the zoning case and am still awaiting a phone call to see if there are possibly more details to arise out of this zoning request.

i di believe that this is somehoe a part of the legacy development that fronts 1604/281/Esonterra BLVD but at the same time it said high rise condos in the request where as santikos has said only midrise condos. we'll see and i will let you know whenever i can come in contact with more info.

tmathis Feb 7, 2007 9:46 PM

Matt, you are correct. This is part of the Legacy development. More importantly, the address is specific to the development. On the rendering below the residential area (mid-left) across from the Lifetime Fitness complex (lower left) is 1910 E Sonterra Blvd.

http://www.santikos.com/realestate/legacy/3.jpg

sakyle04 Feb 8, 2007 8:51 PM

Very interesting change in wording...

Quote:

To allow development of a high rise condominum
This is a potentially massive complex. If they go high-rise (even 8-10 floors) imagine the views of the Hill Country and imagine the number of people that could be housed on this property. With the addition of office space (which I believe was part of the plan) this is potentially a city within a city.

matttwentyeight Feb 9, 2007 1:25 AM

when there are requests for zoning such as MF50 it of course means that they are aloud to build 50 units per acre. now as with that comes the definition of townhome community, condominium, highrise condominium, etc., and what gets me going it that the legacy currently proposes only building 3 floor condos.... which we all are quite aware that 3 floors is by no means a highrise.

what i have gathered from this zoning request, and i repeat "gathered' (my personal oppinion), is that they are trying to get approval for some towers and the 3 floor condos are just a facade not to scare people who fear highrises on the outside of 1604.

now i know that there are plans for hotel talavera (condo as well) at the rim, but those are just plans for now... and they are still trying to get that shit rezoned for that kind of use, i bet you santikos is following their lead with their own tower (maybe not a hotel... there is the marriott courtyard in legacy being built right now... 4 floors and 3 are finished already) because they are trying to create that urban feel, and that location 1604/281 is gonna be like the galleria in houston in 10+ years.... watch!

give me feedback yall on what i have said, i am curious to see if anyone else can see my vision.

matt
you can email me at matttwentyeight@yahoo.com or at matt.williams1@ERA.com

tmathis Feb 9, 2007 3:28 AM

Are you a real estate developer matt?

kornbread Feb 9, 2007 4:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matttwentyeight (Post 2620766)
what i have gathered from this zoning request, and i repeat "gathered' (my personal oppinion), is that they are trying to get approval for some towers and the 3 floor condos are just a facade not to scare people who fear highrises on the outside of 1604.

I would guess the definition of highrise is probably something 6 stories or taller. That said, I can't imagine why anyone would fear a highrise at this location. The neighborhoods are really not that close and the area is a gigantic intersection. There are already a few low rise buildings there.

I think that maybe they would like to keep their options open for this site and may be re-thinking their initial plans. Especially after Tesoro announced moving their corporate headquarters to a new campus in that area.

I don't see Galleria for this area. More like a copy of San Pedro & 410.