SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO | Canopy by Hilton Hotel | 247 FT | 24 FLOORS │ U/C (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215214)

sirkingwilliam Jan 17, 2015 2:13 AM

SAN ANTONIO | Canopy by Hilton Hotel | 247 FT | 24 FLOORS │ U/C

UrbanTrance Jan 17, 2015 2:43 AM

I wonder what brand it will be.

arkitekte Jan 17, 2015 3:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice93 (Post 6878353)
I wonder what brand it will be.

Something boutique probably.

This is a handsome design. This along with the Witte Building proposal can do a lot for the 100 block of E Commerce. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

jaga185 Jan 17, 2015 6:59 AM

This is an awesome design. Hopefully it is approved by the HDRC. We could use from freshness with the older architecture we have. It also looks as though they want to put a restaurant at the bottom with chairs lining the street. Sweet!

trillhippy_210 Jan 17, 2015 8:14 AM

I so hope this goes through, it looks amazing & I believe it'd spur more development downtown.

sirkingwilliam Jan 17, 2015 8:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 (Post 6878573)
I so hope this goes through, it looks amazing & I believe it'd spur more development downtown.

I agree.

There are three surface parking lots to the east of this site. Two small lots and one large lot. Those three need to be developed. This would encourage that. Though I'm hearing the large parking lot may be part of one of the proposals for the new CPS headquarters. Hope my source is right ad I hope CPS picks it. We'll see.

trillhippy_210 Jan 17, 2015 8:23 AM

It looks like its across from the Aztec theater in the renderings too! The location's great!

sirkingwilliam Jan 17, 2015 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 (Post 6878576)
It looks like its across from the Aztec theater in the renderings too! The location's great!

Yes. The hotel would replace the Fish Market building at the nw corner of St. Mary's and Commerce St.

The VERY busy bus stop adjacent to the Fish Market building will be relocated.

arkitekte Jan 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 6878577)
Yes. The hotel would replace the Fish Market building at the nw corner of St. Mary's and Commerce St.

The VERY busy bus stop adjacent to the Fish Market building will be relocated.

It will only replace the Sullivan building at the corner. The Fishmarket building is to stay. The bus stop won't be relocated.

Onward Jan 17, 2015 11:05 AM

Good location, and really liking the design. Hopefully this gets approved.

fordman2800 Jan 17, 2015 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 6878574)
I agree.

There are three surface parking lots to the east of this site. Two small lots and one large lot. Those three need to be developed. This would encourage that. Though I'm hearing the large parking lot may be part of one of the proposals for the new CPS headquarters. Hope my source is right ad I hope CPS picks it. We'll see.

Any word on an actual height proposal on the CPS building? I heard that
they suppose to be announcing something this month....:shrug:

sirkingwilliam Jan 17, 2015 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 6878602)
It will only replace the Sullivan building at the corner. The Fishmarket building is to stay. The bus stop won't be relocated.

Technically, we are both correct. Ben Olivo goes into detail here about the name of both buildings being Fish Market.

You are correct about the bus stop. I remembered this nearly two year old article incorrectly. As the article states, the bus stop will reduce the number of routes it serves from 12 to 3. I do appreciate the correction.

Restless 1 Jan 18, 2015 5:56 AM

Ambitious design. I like it.

BTW, been hearing some bad news about CPS HQ. May not move. Hope it's wrong.

wwmiv Jan 18, 2015 6:56 AM

This looks very similar to a proposal from a few years back that I cannot quite remember the name of.

JACKinBeantown Jan 18, 2015 7:44 AM

Definitely an improvement over what is there, and it incorporates the old whitish stone building with the three dark windows into the base.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=78214...28.48,,0,-1.65

cole world11 Jan 18, 2015 10:44 PM

nice design. could this possibly the W hotel that was proposed a few years back?

sirkingwilliam Jan 18, 2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless 1 (Post 6879477)
Ambitious design. I like it.

BTW, been hearing some bad news about CPS HQ. May not move. Hope it's wrong.

Hearing from where?

Bigfoot Yancey Jan 18, 2015 11:21 PM

This is a great design! I am really liking the potential of that restaurant space and it's got a good connection to the river. Will be exciting to see some more cranes downtown.

Please don't screw this up HDRC

JACKinBeantown Jan 19, 2015 3:13 AM

It seems to have a bit of a modern taste of the Hilton Palacio del Rio with its stackable rooms, with a twist. Not the same obviously, but with modular rooms stacked at different angles with some glass and other design elements thrown in.

KevinFromTexas Jan 19, 2015 5:12 AM

This looks nice. Is there any media coverage on it saying how many rooms it'll have?