SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=126473)

Derek Mar 26, 2007 6:19 AM

this might answer your question...

http://www.sdnews.com/vnews/display..../45dfd437c7348

spoonman Mar 26, 2007 6:31 AM

Thanks for the article. I followed the story and it appears that the council later voted to reduce the height of the buildings down to (2) 18 floors and (2) 21 floors, but the developer said that was too few units for the project. I think that this project will come back in some form as the amount of space in UTC is little.

eburress Mar 26, 2007 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackertastik (Post 2718154)
you know what i have always wondered? i always remember parking near the the harbor club, and really the area is cool, but if you arent a part of the club, it might as well nothing at all. tall buildings always are hotels, condos, offices, or some mixture of that. very secluded. Why cant they make vertical public space? land is at a premium, and downtown needs park space. why cant we build the park up instead of out? one block, 400 feet high, maybe 15 levels, different parks, landscaping, art dispays, skate parks, vantage points, restaurants, running paths, swimming pools, etc? why cant they make an entire building with tons with the things you would find in your park? i think that would be a very innovative idea.

Very innovative, but it costs a lot of money to build a skyscraper.

Derek Mar 26, 2007 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 2718217)
Thanks for the article. I followed the story and it appears that the council later voted to reduce the height of the buildings down to (2) 18 floors and (2) 21 floors, but the developer said that was too few units for the project. I think that this project will come back in some form as the amount of space in UTC is little.

no problem;)

Urban Sky Mar 26, 2007 7:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 2710506)
no...i live inbetween Little Italy and Hillcrest on 5th..."Uptown" in one of those midrise condos...but im in downtown nearly everyday...

i used to live right there...like a minute, walking.

HurricaneHugo Mar 26, 2007 7:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 2718217)
Thanks for the article. I followed the story and it appears that the council later voted to reduce the height of the buildings down to (2) 18 floors and (2) 21 floors, but the developer said that was too few units for the project. I think that this project will come back in some form as the amount of space in UTC is little.

:|

Urban Sky Mar 26, 2007 7:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IconRPCV (Post 2714499)
To contribute to the whole commuting discussion; I commute from the ICON downtown to Temecula. I might very well be the only person that does this, "Reverse commute" but I enjoy the urbanity of downtown and unfortunatley to be able to afford it I have to work in temecula, educators make squat in SD. Hey its both ways against traffic but almost two hours in a car every day is killing me.

that FAR. i used to go downtown to Rancho Bernardo, and even thats far.

Derek Mar 26, 2007 3:30 PM

^Hooters in RB opens today :jester:

spoonman Mar 26, 2007 6:15 PM

People in RB are not happy about that, and I don't blame them. It doesn't fit into the community. Business however will be the ultimate indicator.

eburress Mar 26, 2007 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 2719054)
People in RB are not happy about that, and I don't blame them. It doesn't fit into the community. Business however will be the ultimate indicator.

So many communities like RB are unhappy about new Hooters locations, but once they realize that it's just another restaurant, life goes on.

sandiegodweller Mar 26, 2007 8:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackertastik (Post 2718154)
you know what i have always wondered? i always remember parking near the the harbor club, and really the area is cool, but if you arent a part of the club, it might as well nothing at all. tall buildings always are hotels, condos, offices, or some mixture of that. very secluded. Why cant they make vertical public space? land is at a premium, and downtown needs park space. why cant we build the park up instead of out? one block, 400 feet high, maybe 15 levels, different parks, landscaping, art dispays, skate parks, vantage points, restaurants, running paths, swimming pools, etc? why cant they make an entire building with tons with the things you would find in your park? i think that would be a very innovative idea.

How would you pay for it? Would you charge people to enter?

plinko Mar 26, 2007 9:32 PM

Not sure what these various U/C buildings are...but the amount of new towers in San Diego is staggering! (pics from Friday 3/23/07)

Got renderings?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD050.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD008.jpg

<ak/> Mar 26, 2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plinko (Post 2719574)
Not sure what these various U/C buildings are...but the amount of new towers in San Diego is staggering! (pics from Friday 3/23/07)

Got renderings?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD050.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...70323SD008.jpg

1st - Aria
http://www.ccdc.com/images/propertyImages/Aria-01.jpg

2nd and 3rd seems to be Diegan Hotel
http://www.ccdc.com/images/propertyI...Web%20Size.jpg

4th - Alta
http://www.ccdc.com/images/propertyImages/ALTA-day.jpg

Derek Mar 26, 2007 11:31 PM

the San Diegan has rose like 4-5 floors this weekend alone!!! they were evening working at night on a friday!!

Derek Mar 26, 2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eburress (Post 2719299)
So many communities like RB are unhappy about new Hooters locations, but once they realize that it's just another restaurant, life goes on.

yeah, it is just a restaurant...and im going tonight;)


my friend drove by the Hooters earlier at around 11:20 and she called me to tell me that it was packed and that there was already a collision getting into or out of the parking lot:jester:

eburress Mar 27, 2007 3:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 2719876)
yeah, it is just a restaurant...and im going tonight;)


my friend drove by the Hooters earlier at around 11:20 and she called me to tell me that it was packed and that there was already a collision getting into or out of the parking lot:jester:

I'll be there too soon enough too. :) It's much more convenient than the Mission Valley or PB locations.

Derek Mar 27, 2007 3:16 AM

the downtown one is convenient to me...but ive been to every Hooters in SoCal...so i had to add this to list ;)



(my waitress was incredibly hot...i didnt notice her name until like a half hour into the meal...and niether did my friends!! i was...distracted ;))

HurricaneHugo Mar 27, 2007 6:17 AM

downtown being convenient...parking is a b****!

Derek Mar 27, 2007 7:20 AM

^i usually take the trolley in...but if i drive...well...i have my little secret hiding spots ;)

bmfarley Mar 27, 2007 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 2721093)
downtown being convenient...parking is a b****!

Parking is not a problem at all downtown. Spaces are really all ove rthe place. You just have to know where teh structures are and be willing to pay for it.

In my opinion, on street spaces should be removed... and persons should be directed to structures.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.